• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Jvm 410h issue

• Thread starter Jimmy Jams
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Jams

Reaction score
Help please. So I am using my 410h with a Les Paul and I have recently moved into a new practice space. Since moving I am getting a lot of buzz out of my amp when using any of the gain channels. The sound is very muddy also. I like the sound of channel 3 and 4 on orange or red but can't use it due to the buzz and poor sound so I have been forced to use the clean channel with a distortion pedal. Even the clean channel gets muddy if I try to use it in orange or red. What could it be? Tubes? Thanks

Jon Snell

Reaction score
I would check the noise is still there after trying it out back where it came from, then you will know which way to turn.
Still there means there is a fault, no longer there means probably mains earthing issues or lighting interference in the room you are now using it in.

Spanngitter

Reaction score
If you look at the Tube Staging of a JVM410 you can see that V2A is the tube which gets added when going from green into yellow/red mode.
So taken this I think you got a foul ECC83 in V2 which causes the buzz (most likely a Heater/Filament issue), so I would recommend to get a new, V1 selected ECC83/12AX/ and plug it into V2...at all it isn't a bad idea to have V1 and V2 rated as V1 selected on this amp due to insane amount of gain it can deliver.

1675274570731.png

1675274698005.png

Jimmy Jams

Reaction score
If you look at the Tube Staging of a JVM410 you can see that V2A is the tube which gets added when going from green into yellow/red mode.
So taken this I think you got a foul ECC83 in V2 which causes the buzz (most likely a Heater/Filament issue), so I would recommend to get a new, V1 selected ECC83/12AX/ and plug it into V2...at all it isn't a bad idea to have V1 and V2 rated as V1 selected on this amp due to insane amount of gain it can deliver.

View attachment 124423

View attachment 124424
Thank you so much. I'm not sure if I completely understand what you mean. Understand that I am not very good with electronics. Are you saying that I should buy the tube that goes into the v1 spot and put it into the v2? Also, I was thinking about just replacing all the tubes seeing that they are around 10 years old. I may have a amp tech do this because I have never tried to bias tubes. Thank you again for the help.

Spanngitter

Reaction score
The Preamp tubes (V1/V2/V3/V4/V5) are all the same type: ECC83/12AX7 and can be swapped without any biasing required. However, considering the age of the amplifier it might indeed be advisable to have a tech check it and also verify Bias, as it can drift away over time….

Last edited:

Jimmy Jams

Reaction score
The Preamp tubes (V1/V2/V3/V4/V5) are all the same type: ECC83/12AX7 and can be swapped without any biasing required. However, considering the age of the amplifier it might indeed be advisable to have stechen check it and also verify Bias, as it can drift away over time….
Thanks for the help.