JVM 410H phantom line out

• Thread starter Siegrewegre
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Siegrewegre

Reaction score
Hi All. I have JVM 410H and wondering, if I can connect cable with phantom power to the line out (emulated line out)? Anybody has experience? I dont want to break anything ;)
Regards.

spacerocker

Reaction score
Hi All. I have JVM 410H and wondering, if I can connect cable with phantom power to the line out (emulated line out)? Anybody has experience? I dont want to break anything ;)
Regards.
I don't understand what you are trying to do here - Does the cable already have 48v Phantom power on it? Or are you hoping to provide phantom power to something else from the line out socket?

UPDATE - I have checked the Marshall schematic, and if you connect an XLR cable carrying phantom power to the JVM , it will not damage the JVM.

The line out signal will still be carried to the desk, recording device etc as normal. However, I still don't understand why you would WANT to do this? Presumably you were asking in case phantom power was to be switched on accidentally?

Last edited:

Siegrewegre

Reaction score
I don't understand what you are trying to do here - Does the cable already have 48v Phantom power on it? Or are you hoping to provide phantom power to something else from the line out socket?

UPDATE - I have checked the Marshall schematic, and if you connect an XLR cable carrying phantom power to the JVM , it will not damage the JVM.

The line out signal will still be carried to the desk, recording device etc as normal. However, I still don't understand why you would WANT to do this? Presumably you were asking in case phantom power was to be switched on accidentally?
Hi,
Thanks for explanation!
Just to inform you... Phantom power cable goes stright to the drummer mixer. Not enough analog inputs, so we are checking this way :)

spacerocker

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for explanation!
Just to inform you... Phantom power cable goes stright to the drummer mixer. Not enough analog inputs, so we are checking this way :)
Try it and see? Let us know how you get on!