JVM 410H power amp question

• Thread starter Ausar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ausar

Reaction score
Hi all, I want to use just the power amp side of my jvm through the power amp loop but when I use it the volume drops by about 1/3. I’ve tried a patch cable in the send side to see if that would trick the circuit but no change. If I plug back into the front it’s back to arena type levels again. Any advice?

spacerocker

Reaction score
What are you plugging into it? And what do you hope to achieve?

The power amp insert (return) input is designed to accept line-level signals (like you would get out of the pre-amp) If the volume drops doing what you're doing, then the signal going into the power amp clearly isn't big enough! Use a pre-amp, or go in via the normal amp input and use clean green....

Ausar

Reaction score
I’m using a headrush pedalboard set at line level. I guess I’ll just need to have it turned right up.

Frodebro

Reaction score
I’m using a headrush pedalboard set at line level. I guess I’ll just need to have it turned right up.

Does the Headrush have the option of selecting between +4dB and -10dB for the output? If so, set it to +4dB.

TheKman76

Reaction score
This can be hit and miss in my experience. Some play nice and moderate the signals for you, others are intended to be used as a complete unit rather than discrete pieces.

The Boss GT series use a really wide range of output levels, I'm sure the Headrush does also.

Ausar

Reaction score
I’ve got the headrush set at line level and the output on 11. I can boost the output up to 15db which is what I’ve done, I was just wondering if there was some issue with the Marshall or I was doing something wrong. I’ve only ever played through non looped amps and are new to the modeller world so was expecting it to be just as loud either way. Thanks so much for the help.

Ausar

Reaction score
I meant to say boost the output by an additional 15db