JVM - EQ (etc.) frequencies?

• Thread starter Ken Ops
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Anyone know the frequencies of the Bass, Mid, Treble, Resonance and Presence variables on JVM amps? I have the 410, in case it makes any difference.

Thanks.

BeardedRetroGuy

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Anyone know the frequencies of the Bass, Mid, Treble, Resonance and Presence variables on JVM amps? I have the 410, in case it makes any difference.

Thanks.
Actually, yeah. Lemme do a bit of digging to pull out the documentation I have. I own the 410H as well.

1702651701953.png

I took that from the JVM manual I have on PDF. The Bass and Treble knobs are the exact same on both OD channels, but the Middle knob is different. OD1 and OD2 have different MIDs so their overdrive will sound different. That's the reason more people like OD1 than they do OD2 and there have been plenty of posts where people mod their JVM so that OD2 mids are the same 650 Hz as OD1. I left mine stock because I appreciate BOTH tones on this amp.

I went ahead and included that PDF I was talking about on this post for you to be able to download ( I THINK you can download it ).

Attachments

• Marshall JVM410.pdf
    996.3 KB · Views: 3

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Thanks for that, but was more meaning the frequencies affected by the EQ knobs, and the Presence and Resonance as well. Cheers.

MoonKnighter

Reaction score
I follow this Topic.
I agree thata it would be very interesting to know something more than what the official JVM manual says about the different average frequencies in the two OD channels.

Latest posts