JVM410hjs on the way! Now its here:)

• Thread starter lovehifi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Bought a new to me JVM410hjs today and it should be here by Wednesday. I already have the 410h so it will be interesting to compare. I really like the 410h so hopefully I will like the 410hjs even more. We shall see but I'm excited to try it.

Last edited:

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Re: JVM410hjs on the way!

Bought a new to me JVM410hjs today and it should be here by Wednesday. I already have the 410h so it will be interesting to compare. I really like the 410h so hopefully I will like the 410hjs even more. We shall see but I'm excited to try it.

Congratulations on your new Amp !!
:applause:

Rumoured to be a killer amp .... :cool:

Mockingbird

Reaction score

Just don't say it's better than the standard (which it is by a considerable amount) or you will be lynched !

lovehifi

Reaction score

Just don't say it's better than the standard (which it is by a considerable amount) or you will be lynched !
Wont be the first time I have been lynched for stating a personal opinion but that wont stop me from stating my opinion. We all know what opinions are like anyway:)

Marshall_Watts87

Reaction score

it honestly doesn't look any better than the original besides the noise gates. i've contemplated deeply on this. the clean channel too perhaps.

Mockingbird

Reaction score

it honestly doesn't look any better than the original besides the noise gates. i've contemplated deeply on this. the clean channel too perhaps.

I gigged the shit out of a stock JVM410 for three years and I'm now well into my second year gigging a JS.......

For me the JS is superior in every department - including the clean !

But hey wtf do I know !

lovehifi

Reaction score

May certainly be right. My hope is that I have more usable gain on the OD channels and more gain on the crunch channel even though I don't play modern metal and mostly play 60s, 70, 80 type rock. The clean channel is where I expect the least. At least from the clips I have watched and heard the clean on the regular JVM seems fuller and sounds better to me. I use a Twin reverb for most my clean playing anyway though. I will compare the two 410h vs 410hjs and keep whichever does it for me. Just something different to try.

Marshall_Watts87

Reaction score

May certainly be right. My hope is that I have more usable gain on the OD channels and more gain on the crunch channel even though I don't play modern metal and mostly play 60s, 70, 80 type rock. The clean channel is where I expect the least. At least from the clips I have watched and heard the clean on the regular JVM seems fuller and sounds better to me. I use a Twin reverb for most my clean playing anyway though. I will compare the two 410h vs 410hjs and keep whichever does it for me. Just something different to try.

Either way it's a lovely score.

the phrase that the JS has "more usable gain" is backwards. it has less gain, therefore less usable. If people had a problem with too much gain on the originals, then that's why they should've had noise gates like this one. just roll the gain back if you don't want so much gain, it's better to have more on tap. just my opinion.

lovehifi

Reaction score

Well got the 410hjs in and just went through each channel and every mode just to make sure all was working ok. I do like the cleans to my surprise and the crunch channel is great! However it will take me a little while to compare the two. I can also certainly tell that it is voiced differently, at least it seems to be and the EQ reacts differently. The noise gates are a huge plus and seem to work perfectly. I really like the regular 410h so this ought to be interesting when I get my tones set up and can really compare the two. I am disappointed though that after getting the 410hjs and plugging in I still cant play like Satriani. Damn. Maybe I need to get his signature guitar and cables. Yea. That's the ticket! lol. Anyway I will give my opinion once I have had a little time with it.

Last edited:

4Horseman

Reaction score
Nice, now can you please set up stereo stacks with ping pong delay and tell me if I should start saving?

Iwanarock

Reaction score
Very Cool nice score. I have the 410H and my other guitarist in my band has the 410JS ..I have played with both and like both of them will be interested in your opinions.

dreyn77

Reaction score
If you've noticed the eq is different then it's a completely different amp and it's going for less 'crack' and more 'blurr'. and it's not for all pickup types. and therefore it's going to be really noisey and therefore requires the noise gates. because that's what 'high impedence' does.
and his amp has 1 less circuit that's low impedence. ;)

If you want to maxout the usual JVM you do what Mustain does and then you can turn to 10. ;)
his pickup perfectly matches what the JVM wants at it's input.

If you have bigger pickups the amp is turned down. it makes no difference. only in your mind it makes a difference.

Latest posts