Last nights shenanigans

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarIV

Reaction score
So yesterday I finished work and was looking forward to rehearsal, however our singer had to cancel because of some health issues.

Naturally I wasn't exactly happy but when I came home I found notifications for two packages ready for pick up, they arrived each one day earlier than scheduled. One package containing some German handmade Häussel PAF style pickups I traded with a friend and the other one a custom cut pickguard for my Telecaster I ordered from a company. The generic ones I purchased and tried beforehand didn't line up with the holes on the guitar.

So I picked up the packages and poured myself a proper beer:

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 18.26.10.jpeg

Installed the pickups in my ESP Eclipse and put the new guard on that fit perfectly:

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 22.20.43.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 22.49.13.jpeg

So despite not rehearsing, I had the evening for myself and some tinkering. We moved rehearsal to tomorrow, I'll be taking these two with me to crank em up!

Rock n roll! :dude:

PelliX

Reaction score
Beer, smokes, guitars, amps. What more could a man want (while alone)? :yesway:

Sexy Tele, by the way. Looks like an anniversary?

GuitarIV

Reaction score
Beer, smokes, guitars, amps. What more could a man want (while alone)? :yesway:

Sexy Tele, by the way. Looks like an anniversary?

Truly great combination to enjoy in solitude. :D

Yes, it's the 75th Anniversary Commemorative Tele, this is what it looked like when I got it:

20210927_230018.jpg

I've modded it ever since quite a bit, thicker Gotoh Art Style Bridge so I have no squeal in high gain high volume situations, 500K pots with Häussel Rail humbucker in the bridge and a Häussel PAF Style in the Neck and now the black guard:

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-20 at 13.14.31.jpeg

True firebreather, sounds great live and at home :)

I hope you’re better at soldering than you are at pouring beer. That’s a crime against humanity.

Well, first of all, the beer is not finished in the shot. Second of all, if you're talking about the foam, I'm from Austria, and here we drink our beer with a nice little foam cap on top.

This is what it usually looks like once it is done:

00196071-Mass-Bier-mit-Schaumkrone.jpg

For the foam to be sturdy and lasting you need to pour it slow.

Btw I worked in the service industry for over 10 years :drunk:

Last edited:

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
That is a pretty sweet rig!
I dig the new pickguard and pickup!

The irony here is that I recently put a humbucker in the neck position of my FGN. It's kind of a Tele like guitar.

They don't make a replacement pickguard to fit it. That means me cutting out the original guard with a Dremel.

I figured this much out as well, on a Tele or Tele type guitar, the humbucker in the neck slot is where it's at!!

I like it as I never could get what I wanted from the neck single coil. I went with a Dimarzio Bluesbucker and it is very much voiced like a hot P90 with pole pieces pointing to the neck. Think P90 without the hum.

GuitarIV

Reaction score
Finally, someone that knows what good beer is and how to pour it properly! I wish I could get good beer. Since I moved to East TN about the closest I can get is Bitburger in a can. :ugh:

The guitars are nice, too! Congrats on the new bits.

Friend of mine got me some Anchor Steam Brew from the States when he was there, that was some good beer! There are good micro breweries in the US. The big brands... ugh. Same as here in Europe.

Last edited:

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Finally, someone that knows what good beer is and how to pour it properly! I wish I could get good beer. Since I moved to East TN about the closest I can get is Bitburger in a can. :ugh:

The guitars are nice, too! Congrats on the new bits.
I live in east TN as well. There's plenty of good liquor available though lol

GuitarIV

Reaction score
I hope you’re better at soldering than you are at pouring beer. That’s a crime against humanity.

Any one who has ever lived in Germany knows a real beer has a head on it thick enough to cut with a knife.

Just wanted to give ya a proper picture, here's last nights beer, properly poured and ready to be enjoyed:

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-29 at 12.38.14 PM.jpeg

:pops::yum:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
So yesterday I finished work and was looking forward to rehearsal, however our singer had to cancel because of some health issues.

Naturally I wasn't exactly happy but when I came home I found notifications for two packages ready for pick up, they arrived each one day earlier than scheduled. One package containing some German handmade Häussel PAF style pickups I traded with a friend and the other one a custom cut pickguard for my Telecaster I ordered from a company. The generic ones I purchased and tried beforehand didn't line up with the holes on the guitar.

So I picked up the packages and poured myself a proper beer:

View attachment 148527

Installed the pickups in my ESP Eclipse and put the new guard on that fit perfectly:

View attachment 148528View attachment 148529

So despite not rehearsing, I had the evening for myself and some tinkering. We moved rehearsal to tomorrow, I'll be taking these two with me to crank em up!

Rock n roll! :dude:
Sweet! One door closes and another opens...

Mike_LA

Reaction score
If the alcohol content is less then 9%, you're hunting with blanks.
So a buddy turned me on to this stuff, 9.5%. The secret (which I didn't believe at first) is to drink them over ice. Fantastic.....
682181.jpg