Late NAD

• Thread starter FutureProf88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FutureProf88

Reaction score
Last Wednesday I drove down to Birmingham, AL to pick up my JTM 45/100 build from Granger's shop.

What an incredible amp. It's nice when you dream about something for a long time and then get it and it is everything you hoped it would be, but it's another thing entirely when it completely exceeds your expectations.

It is a single OT mid 66 circuit. Premium new parts were used for the build and it is running CP JJ ECC83s preamp tubes and JJ KT66 power tubes. The transformers are all Magnetic Components ClassicTone trannies. I asked for a lower voltage PT that only puts 490 to the plates to try and help the modern tubes along (the transformer that ClassicTone recommended was a 560VDC unit).

It's even got an aluminum chassis with JTM45 front plate and Super 100 Amplifier rear plate. It has a rear mount PPIMV and external bias adjustment and test points on top of the chassis.

It sounds every bit as good as it looks. I play a Les Paul and it definitely gets that early Cream vibe going. While at his shop, Curt plugged in his Strat and the thing gave a spot on Hendrix and Monterey sound. It absolutely wails with the master volume dimed.

LOVIN' IT!

FutureProf88

Reaction score
Do it, man. The M100 was what actually turned me on to his stuff. I had heard of him and I had also been lusting after a Plexi so when a used M100 showed up on GC's used site I bought it on a hunch. It is everything you want in a Plexi and more.

FutureProf88

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It's a lot gainier than I expected (much moreso than my Bassman). I'm finding that I prefer the High Treble channel and actually prefer the channels unbridged, which is unusual for me when it comes to 4 input amps. I will try to make some clips of her in the next couple of days.

FutureProf88

Reaction score
Ok. This will require me to actually make a Soundcloud account. Bear with us while we accomplish these upgrades. Your patience is appreciated.