• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Line 6 Upgrade

• Thread starter ampeq
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ampeq

Reaction score
I just upgraded my HX Effects to the new 3.15 (3.20 will be out fairly soon so you could wait for it.) I got several new effects to play with, some very good. They also made the way it works easier / better, and most of all the effects sound even better. Every time I upgrade this thing it gets better and better. I highly recommend the HX Effects for people that only need effects, like me. I love a good old tube amp like my Chupacabra, there is just something about it. Sure you can get modeler's and small amps to push, but just like cars you just can't beat a good well tuned big block. I think all the Line 6 stuff has a free upgrade, including the EDIT software that goes on your computer. Anyway it's worth the time to get the download.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
I love the HX Effects unit and use it mainly for my effects with my Marshall and Mesa. Not perfect but one of the best current multi effects processor to go with a good amp. I actually have been thinking about buying another, but I admit I was hoping Line 6 might make a new and improved model with even better processing, menu layout and a built in expression pedal. But NAMM 2023 has come and gone and they weren't even there from what I know. And no new model. The HX Effects as good as it is, is pretty old now too. But I will certainly go an update it tomorrow.

iu

ampeq

Reaction score
I love the HX Effects unit and use it mainly for my effects with my Marshall and Mesa. Not perfect but one of the best current multi effects processor to go with a good amp. I actually have been thinking about buying another, but I admit I was hoping Line 6 might make a new and improved model with even better processing, menu layout and a built in expression pedal. But NAMM 2023 has come and gone and they weren't even there from what I know. And no new model. The HX Effects as good as it is, is pretty old now too. But I will certainly go an update it tomorrow.

iu
One pretty neat thing they have now is this= If you have a pedal like a wah / vol. unit plugged in, and you pick a wah or something that uses that pedal, it automatically sets it up to run with it. I use a Fractal pedal which is the best pedal I have ever seen, big, rugged and simple.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
One pretty neat thing they have now is this= If you have a pedal like a wah / vol. unit plugged in, and you pick a wah or something that uses that pedal, it automatically sets it up to run with it. I use a Fractal pedal which is the best pedal I have ever seen, big, rugged and simple.

It does run them well, but I was really hoping they would expand on the unit and upgrade it. It has been out for like 5 or 6 years now. And players clearly like it.

ampeq

Reaction score
It does run them well, but I was really hoping they would expand on the unit and upgrade it. It has been out for like 5 or 6 years now. And players clearly like it.
They did add quite a few new toy's to it, as well as upgrade how the stuff sounds. There is a better upgrade coming, 3.2 I think. I guess it's not ready yet so they stuck this one out there. I find some of the stuff to be very good and there are so many of them you can always find what you need. I really like the "Favorites" folder, once set up you can just grab what you need all ready to go.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on the newest HX updates. I don't think it needs a new thread and this one is related and fresh enough for a simple answer.

I haven't used my HX Stomp in over a year and like to try and keep it up to date anyways. I missed the last 2 updates V3.50 and V3.60. I just did the V3.60 today and skipped the V3.50. Did I need to do the previous one 1st or is everything that was in the 3.50 also in the 3.60 update? Not planning on using it anytime soon but just want to keep all the features complete, fresh and up to date.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on the newest HX updates. I don't think it needs a new thread and this one is related and fresh enough for a simple answer.

I haven't used my HX Stomp in over a year and like to try and keep it up to date anyways. I missed the last 2 updates V3.50 and V3.60. I just did the V3.60 today and skipped the V3.50. Did I need to do the previous one 1st or is everything that was in the 3.50 also in the 3.60 update? Not planning on using it anytime soon but just want to keep all the features complete, fresh and up to date.

I don't think so, but I might be a bad reference there as I skip them all the time. I've always thought the current updates put you completely up to date.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I'm figuring the same thing too, but I'm no expert on this subject either. I know that's a lot of info in one update to cram all the updates into one each time they release another. So they must just get bigger and bigger each time.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
I had wondered the same thing myself. I had meant to send them an email on it ask, but playing guitar, writing and drinking expresso has always gotten the better of me.