• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Listen To That Super Lead

• Thread starter jleftyy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy57

Reaction score
I loved that version of the band. Had the 8 track, LOL
One of the best tracks on Burn.
Cruisng in a '66 Chev pickup with tuck and roll, reverse chrome
wheels with chrome stock hubcaps, and a 327. Looooong time ago.

proxy

Reaction score
It is not the amp.
It is the player .....

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score

I play guitar because of Purple MK II and III. I heard lazy when I was 9 and knew I had to do that.

Ritchie was using Marshall Majors modified.....Blackmore has told conflicting accounts of the mod and power output but it's not disputed that it's well over 200 watts, depending who you believe 260-400W. I read an article a long time ago that when he went to see Jim Marshall to hear his amps before a Purple tour the factory employees scattered....it was that loud. His tech said he went through 4x12 speakers once a week while on tour.

Regardless, what a sound. I'm debating flying to London to see him play O2 in June with Rainbow.

Props to David Coverdale. That voice! Amazing, Ritchie gave the first breaks to DIO AND Coverdale.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
My all time favourite guitar tone still is Richie's Strat on Made In Japan. The live versions on that album totally eclipsed the studio versions previously recorded. Then there was THAT guitar tone. Clean, powerful, sustaining overdrive.
Just fantastic. :rock::rock::rock:

Philip Lyon

Reaction score
My all time favourite guitar tone still is Richie's Strat on Made In Japan. The live versions on that album totally eclipsed the studio versions previously recorded. Then there was THAT guitar tone. Clean, powerful, sustaining overdrive.
Just fantastic. :rock::rock::rock:

I 100% agree with this.
Ritchie's tone on this album is probably the best live tone I have heard anyone get out of a Strat and this Strat was absolutely stock - original staggered pole pickups like the CS 69 type Fender items.
I have to admit when I first put CS 69s in a Strat and went via a booster into a Marshall tube amp for the first time in years it really brought back the tones I was getting in the early 80s using a mid 70s Strat and a JMP 50 combo. That Strat had a maple fingerboard and was quite weighty but produced instant "Man On The Silver Mountain Tones" with no additional gear required.
It's always been a toss up between Trower Hendrix and Blackmore as Strat through Marshall players for me but Blackmore's tone has always been my favourite - saw him in '83 with Rainbow and '85 with Purple at Knebworth - superb both times - even with Joe Lynn Turner.
A Marshall Major with an Akai reel to reel deck as a preamp / booster would be nice to have a blast on but things are strained enough with my neighbours as it is - just sold my Peavey 120 Watt tube 4 x 6L6 rack power amp as I can't even switch the damn thing on without complaints !
Long Live Rock And Roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jleftyy

Reaction score
I 100% agree with this.
Ritchie's tone on this album is probably the best live tone I have heard anyone get out of a Strat and this Strat was absolutely stock - original staggered pole pickups like the CS 69 type Fender items.
I have to admit when I first put CS 69s in a Strat and went via a booster into a Marshall tube amp for the first time in years it really brought back the tones I was getting in the early 80s using a mid 70s Strat and a JMP 50 combo. That Strat had a maple fingerboard and was quite weighty but produced instant "Man On The Silver Mountain Tones" with no additional gear required.
It's always been a toss up between Trower Hendrix and Blackmore as Strat through Marshall players for me but Blackmore's tone has always been my favourite - saw him in '83 with Rainbow and '85 with Purple at Knebworth - superb both times - even with Joe Lynn Turner.
A Marshall Major with an Akai reel to reel deck as a preamp / booster would be nice to have a blast on but things are strained enough with my neighbours as it is - just sold my Peavey 120 Watt tube 4 x 6L6 rack power amp as I can't even switch the damn thing on without complaints !
Long Live Rock And Roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing live recording. So many "live recordings" are straight from the board to tape with no ambience. This sounds like it was recorded by a mike in the 10th row. Absolutely wide open.

Marshallmadness

Reaction score
I still have a 66 Chevy pickup.....maybe I should go crank that up in it and drive around. My wife got me a real nice Bluetooth stereo for it.

JCarno

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the approximate delay settings were for Mistreated at the beginning?
Don't need a big history lesson on his delay.
Just want to know delay ms and repeats.
Sounds like a maybe 300-350 with 2-3 repeats?
I have a Nova Delay and a Nova System and would like to try to come as close as possible to the delay.
Thanks!!