• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Live mix cut

the2x12ammunition

Reaction score
Recently, I completed (at least for the foreseeable future) my pedalboard, replaced a speaker in my amp, and learned the sweet spot for the tone knob on my guitars. I found (I thought), the perfect tone and I felt I had never had tone this good and that I wouldn’t have to change anything at all from now on. Then I have a rehearsal and find out that it seems my tone doesn’t cut that well. It could be that it’s too quiet, or some people suggest putting your amp closer to ear level, but the other guitar player’s amp is on the floor too and I hear him fine. Many people say increase your mids to cut more. Well I don’t want to because, as I said, I already felt my tone was essentially perfected, but even if I did, I feel that when you increase the mids, you lose a lot of the high-end bite that I love from my Gibson guitars. I run my amp pretty bright. It’s a Vox AC15C1 with the Top Boost. The bass is below noon and the treble is around 2-3 o clock, the tone cut is almost all the way down, but when I turn the tone knob on my guitar down to about 6, it balances really nicely, but does anyone have any advice to increase the mids without losing the bite from your tone and without buying an EQ pedal or anything like that? Thanks! I will leave a tone sample in the comments too!