• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Lots of Marshalls for sale - and some other stuff

• Thread starter BAinFL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BAinFL

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Some of you guys know me from the MetroAmp forums. I havent really been posting here in a while. Anyway, I'm going through a divorce and need to move some gear to pay for the bloodsuckers (lawyers fees).

Anyway here's the current list of what's available. Everything is in 100% mechanical condition unless otherwise stated. I will also try and point out any cosmetic flaws and rate the overall physical appearance as a x/10. These amps will all eventually get listed on my eBay store
Tube Amp, Speaker items in Marshall Amp store on eBay!

for your convenience.

Feel free to text me at 3 TWO 1 - 8 FOUR 8 - 3 SIX 78 if you have any specific questions. Obviously I can offer better prices without my 7% store / seller fees. All my amps will include standard shipping to the lower 48 with signature required & tracking or delivery confirmation.

Amps:

Marshall '73 JMP 50 Handwired - excellent playing condition. Great old stock Europen tubes with plenty of life left on them. Was serviced not too long ago by George Allesandro right before I bought it on a trip up th the Philly area. all the important stuff trannies/choke, chassis, "Marshall" logo, mullards, etc... are original with NO MODIFICATIONS. The output selector was upgraded to a more reliable rotary switch, instead of the fall-off window type - and the power cord is now a grounded 3-prong type. No holes drilled in the chassis, no mods. Just basic maintenance and a couple of caps replaced over the years. A handful of tolex dings - mostly the corners are where it's rough and some scratches on the top tolex. Nothing abused, but it's no bedroom / museum piece. I'd say for it's age 7/10 condition. This thing got played in it's 42 years and still sounds great.
($2150 shipped)

Marshall '83 JCM800 2203 - Canadian model. Recently retubed and filter caps done. This has "that roar" that everyone wants from the 2203. Sounds absolutely killer with fresh J/J E34Ls in the power section and Electro Harmonix and GT in the preamp positions. Missing one of the plastic pieces that covers the handle screws. Some dings here and there on the tolex, but no major flaws. Original "Marshall" logo intact. A great players amp. Decent cosmetics 7.5/10.
($1450 shipped)

JCM Slash 2555SL '96? - These were the reissue of the silver jubilee in a JCM style headbox. The first artist tribute series amp ever to bear someone's signature other than Jim Marshall's. Joe Bonamassa speaks about why he used the Slash amp over the original 2555 because it had more gain and better low end. I've never played through an original Jubilee so I wouldn't know. This amp is in perfect shape electronically, and as the others has some minors dings here and there on the tolex - again, a players amp - not a museum piece. 7.5/10 cosmetics.
($1550 shipped)

Laney Lionheart 50h - I bought this new in early 2014 from a dealer. Perfect condition inside and out. This is an unbelievable amp for clean, to classic to hard rock. It's not going to be the super-high gain beast that the IronHearts are, but for me this sits perfectly in the realm of Plexi / Vox / JCM 800 tone world. A very unique amp that's all class A - uses (5) EL-34s for 50 watts and the harmonics of this amp are something you have to hear to believe. 2 channels, FX loop, beautiful organic sounding reverb, and it sounds like all the best old amps from 40 years ago. I've taken excellent care of this amp since I've bought it. This one has never left the house, and has very very low mileage on it. You are basically getting a brand new one, with about 25 hours of break-in. It doesn't mean I don't like it, I just lived in an apartment until a few months ago, and wound up using my 5w Lionheart combo a whole lot more. 10/10 for an immaculate amp that's never left my smoke free home.
($1475 shipped - I'd have charged $1450 but these are heavy as **** with the massive transformer needed for the single ended class A design)

(Disclaimer = I doubt I'd sell BOTH this amp AND the '73 handwired Marshall, they both do classic rock so perfectly for me and I'd prefer to keep at least one of the two.)

Speakers:

Altec Lansing (orig late 70's) 417-8h. This is what Randy Rhoads used in his open back Marshall cabs. So did Santana back in the late 60's early 70's.
(4 available @$180 - may be able to offer small discount if buying 2 or 4 but combined shipping speakers isn't really a whole lot cheaper for me)

Celestion G12-75. pulled from my 2008 Randy Rhoads 1960A signature slant cabinet. I believe the ones used in the Randy Cab were UK made - checking on that now, so don't quote me. I'll pull the back panel off and see what I can find out. Nothing so far on web searches. Sometimes a screwdriver works better than a keyboard...
(price pending - say $55 shipped if UK made, $40 shipped if Chinese)

more to come. I'll have pics up on my eBay store over the next couple of days. If you have specific questions and want to deal outside of ebay (no fees = better prices) feel free to text me for any additional info at the number I listed above.

Thanks,

-BA

KirkD777

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Some of you guys know me from the MetroAmp forums. I havent really been posting here in a while. Anyway, I'm going through a divorce and need to move some gear to pay for the bloodsuckers (lawyers fees).

Anyway here's the current list of what's available. Everything is in 100% mechanical condition unless otherwise stated. I will also try and point out any cosmetic flaws and rate the overall physical appearance as a x/10. These amps will all eventually get listed on my eBay store
Tube Amp, Speaker items in Marshall Amp store on eBay!

for your convenience.

Feel free to text me at 3 TWO 1 - 8 FOUR 8 - 3 SIX 78 if you have any specific questions. Obviously I can offer better prices without my 7% store / seller fees. All my amps will include standard shipping to the lower 48 with signature required & tracking or delivery confirmation.

Amps:

Marshall '73 JMP 50 Handwired - excellent playing condition. Great old stock Europen tubes with plenty of life left on them. Was serviced not too long ago by George Allesandro right before I bought it on a trip up th the Philly area. all the important stuff trannies/choke, chassis, "Marshall" logo, mullards, etc... are original with NO MODIFICATIONS. The output selector was upgraded to a more reliable rotary switch, instead of the fall-off window type - and the power cord is now a grounded 3-prong type. No holes drilled in the chassis, no mods. Just basic maintenance and a couple of caps replaced over the years. A handful of tolex dings - mostly the corners are where it's rough and some scratches on the top tolex. Nothing abused, but it's no bedroom / museum piece. I'd say for it's age 7/10 condition. This thing got played in it's 42 years and still sounds great.
($2150 shipped)

Marshall '83 JCM800 2203 - Canadian model. Recently retubed and filter caps done. This has "that roar" that everyone wants from the 2203. Sounds absolutely killer with fresh J/J E34Ls in the power section and Electro Harmonix and GT in the preamp positions. Missing one of the plastic pieces that covers the handle screws. Some dings here and there on the tolex, but no major flaws. Original "Marshall" logo intact. A great players amp. Decent cosmetics 7.5/10.
($1450 shipped)

JCM Slash 2555SL '96? - These were the reissue of the silver jubilee in a JCM style headbox. The first artist tribute series amp ever to bear someone's signature other than Jim Marshall's. Joe Bonamassa speaks about why he used the Slash amp over the original 2555 because it had more gain and better low end. I've never played through an original Jubilee so I wouldn't know. This amp is in perfect shape electronically, and as the others has some minors dings here and there on the tolex - again, a players amp - not a museum piece. 7.5/10 cosmetics.
($1550 shipped)

Laney Lionheart 50h - I bought this new in early 2014 from a dealer. Perfect condition inside and out. This is an unbelievable amp for clean, to classic to hard rock. It's not going to be the super-high gain beast that the IronHearts are, but for me this sits perfectly in the realm of Plexi / Vox / JCM 800 tone world. A very unique amp that's all class A - uses (5) EL-34s for 50 watts and the harmonics of this amp are something you have to hear to believe. 2 channels, FX loop, beautiful organic sounding reverb, and it sounds like all the best old amps from 40 years ago. I've taken excellent care of this amp since I've bought it. This one has never left the house, and has very very low mileage on it. You are basically getting a brand new one, with about 25 hours of break-in. It doesn't mean I don't like it, I just lived in an apartment until a few months ago, and wound up using my 5w Lionheart combo a whole lot more. 10/10 for an immaculate amp that's never left my smoke free home.
($1475 shipped - I'd have charged $1450 but these are heavy as **** with the massive transformer needed for the single ended class A design)

(Disclaimer = I doubt I'd sell BOTH this amp AND the '73 handwired Marshall, they both do classic rock so perfectly for me and I'd prefer to keep at least one of the two.)

Speakers:

Altec Lansing (orig late 70's) 417-8h. This is what Randy Rhoads used in his open back Marshall cabs. So did Santana back in the late 60's early 70's.
(4 available @$180 - may be able to offer small discount if buying 2 or 4 but combined shipping speakers isn't really a whole lot cheaper for me)

Celestion G12-75. pulled from my 2008 Randy Rhoads 1960A signature slant cabinet. I believe the ones used in the Randy Cab were UK made - checking on that now, so don't quote me. I'll pull the back panel off and see what I can find out. Nothing so far on web searches. Sometimes a screwdriver works better than a keyboard...
(price pending - say $55 shipped if UK made, $40 shipped if Chinese)

more to come. I'll have pics up on my eBay store over the next couple of days. If you have specific questions and want to deal outside of ebay (no fees = better prices) feel free to text me for any additional info at the number I listed above.

Thanks,

-BA

Just an FYI on shipping. I used pirate ship dot com to recently ship a gibson LPC in its case for $30 cross-country. The lowest price I could get before was like $90. you still use the same shipping companies but they get you a deal somehow. Might save some $$$.