• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall 1972 Superbass

• Thread starter Alpesitehen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alpesitehen

Reaction score
Could you please help me guys? The selled said this is in nearly original condition. What do you think. Transformers?

Attachments

• cb9gynokov3purgcp8hu.jpg
    cb9gynokov3purgcp8hu.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 32
  • me5cj4g92byg6efhq5eu.jpg
    me5cj4g92byg6efhq5eu.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 30
  • k0vpfi2ttmqm2hpkawsx.jpg
    k0vpfi2ttmqm2hpkawsx.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 29

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
It looks good, and I don't see any modifications. Some of the wiring has been messed with around the power transformer (Marshall wasn't using nylon zipties back in the 70s....) but I can't say if the transformer has been replaced or not. At least the transformers have the proper brackets.

The main filter caps have been replaced at some point. Honestly I don't know what company was making full height black capacitors or when.

It looks like a clean, solid example. Buy it if the price is fair.

Spanngitter

Reaction score
Has a partial Cap Job (Main Filter Caps seem to be TAD Caps) and Screen Resistors added for sure...not 100% sure on the PT as the empty grommets are not normal to me...

Seanxk

Reaction score
Difficult to tell on OT but still has the cloth covers so possibly fine.
Same with the PT, this is correct for a 1970 which had the stand up with all leads on one side but the chassis had grommets both sides, looking at the extra tie wraps it makes you wonder. I can see the copper cover on top though, difficult one this.

neikeel

Reaction score
Looks correct to me although as said above PT wiring fiddled with. it is odd to see mixed preamp sockets but you do see it.