Marshall 1973x cant find serial number

2JzR4N

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought few years ago my Marshall 1973x combo amp and cant locate the serial number.
I looked on the pack panel/on the front and I cant find anything.
Also I'm not sure if my amp original or a replica/reissue

Buc McMaster

Reaction score
An original would have a hardwired AC plug and no shield over the output tubes.........reissues have a removable cord and that metal cage over the tubes. A reissue cage could have been removed but the chassis would have the screw holes to mount it. Should also have the little white tag stapled to the back of the cab.......original 1973, reissue 1973X. Been awhile since I saw mine but the serial number is on the side of the chassis, not visible unless you pull it from the cabinet. (....if I'm remembering rightly....)

2JzR4N

Reaction score
An original would have a hardwired AC plug and no shield over the output tubes.........reissues have a removable cord and that metal cage over the tubes. A reissue cage could have been removed but the chassis would have the screw holes to mount it. Should also have the little white tag stapled to the back of the cab.......original 1973, reissue 1973X. Been awhile since I saw mine but the serial number is on the side of the chassis, not visible unless you pull it from the cabinet. (....if I'm remembering rightly....)
Mine says 1973x on the back, so it is a reissue right?
how can i know more details about my specific amp?

Buc McMaster

Reaction score
Yes. A 1973X is the hand wired reissue of the 1973.
What else is there to know? It's one of who knows how many built between 2014 and 2017 (I think).

ken Tucky

Reaction score
I believe it should be on a sticker at the bottom of the chassis near the tubes.

Latest posts