Marshall 1974x, the perfect little amp

• Thread starter Tele52
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tele52

Reaction score
I've had my 1974 for two weeks now. I'm just blown away by how great this little amp sounds. I bought mine new for $1549.00, from a guy on ebay, he has two more. They're not going to import them anymore. I say get one will you still can. I see them used for $900.00, that's a bargain. People say it's a one trick pony, i don't agree. I had a Bluesbreaker before this, it had great tone, but was really loud when it got that tone. I hear people say Marshall isn't the same anymore. This thing smashes that theory. I just thought I'd share my feelings, get one while you still can.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Nice little amps. I had one, but sold it early last summer. Had a nice honeymoon period of a few months, but it never really grew on me. I do like it more than the Bluesbreaker combo though.

Oh, and I really can't help but mention how nice looking they are. I've read studies that indicate the use of a 1974x can actually increase your chances of meeting women by as much as 37% ... they dig the grill cloth ... go figure :hmm:

Enjoy ;)

Tele52

Reaction score
Nice little amps. I had one, but sold it early last summer. Had a nice honeymoon period of a few months, but it never really grew on me. I do like it more than the Bluesbreaker combo though.

Oh, and I really can't help but mention how nice looking they are. I've read studies that indicate the use of a 1974x can actually increase your chances of meeting women by as much as 37% ... they dig the grill cloth ... go figure :hmm:

Enjoy ;)

That's great, Do I have to carry it around, or can I just show them pictures?