Marshall 2555x discontinued in North America?

• Thread starter Riderhefader
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riderhefader

Reaction score
I was curious, is the silver jubilee unavailable in the US market? They seemed to be out of stock everywhere online within the US. I read a lot of discussion about them being discountined around 2017-2018 in the usa but couldn’t confirm that. Anybody know for sure?

Kuga

Reaction score
I don't know in USA. It's avalaible in Europe. 1111€ on Thomann. Num. 8 sales rank in tube guitar amp head.

Reactions: LCW

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked a new one up late 23' here in Australia......quite cheap too.

The shop I bought it from did say they are getting harder to get from Marshall.

I hope they discontinue them. They should go up in value, they are a killer Marshall.

Peace

Kutt

Reaction score
Yes, they did become unavailable here in the U.S. back then. They were sold for blow out prices around $1,300 brand new. I recall it vividly because I was close to buying a second one.

However, not long after that Sweetwater began selling them again as well as one with an exclusive black Tolex, which I've seen available outside the U.S.. To my knowledge Sweetwater is the only authorized U.S. dealer selling them now. No idea if it's a special arrangement with Marshall or something else.

There are probably old threads on this forum discussing the blowout pricing from back then.

anitoli

Reaction score
Yes, they did become unavailable here in the U.S. back then. They were sold for blow out prices around $1,300 brand new. I recall it vividly because I was close to buying a second one.

However, not long after that Sweetwater began selling them again as well as one with an exclusive black Tolex, which I've seen available outside the U.S.. To my knowledge Sweetwater is the only authorized U.S. dealer selling them now. No idea if it's a special arrangement with Marshall or something else.

There are probably old threads on this forum discussing the blowout pricing from back then.
Back-ordered. And have been forever. This is your BEST chance to get one:

https://Reverb(dot)com/marketplace?query=marshall 2555x

eastwood6

Reaction score
I think there’s some transition going on with Marshall distribution in the US. A large retailer I used to buy from seemed to have sold off all their Marshall inventory during a holiday blowout and no longer carry the brand.

Hard to say which models may or may not be ”discontinued” based on whether Marshall is still making the product or it’s simply not available currently in the US.

Kuga

Reaction score
Maybe Marshall has some issues on the USA market. Maybe they can't meet the demand. Very often Thomann runs out of stock of Marshall amps and you have to wait 4 or 5 weeks. Then they have stock again but in a few weeks the same. Out of stock.

Last edited:

Riderhefader

Reaction score
I emailed Sweetwater just to get a confirmation on this. Awaiting a response.

LCW

Reaction score
Maybe Marshall has some issues on the USA market. Maybe they can't meet the demand. Very often Thomann runs out of stock of Marshall amps and you have to wait 4 or 5 weeks. Then they have stock again but in a few weeks the same. Out of stock.
Yeah they have issues in the US market… it’s called “overpriced”.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
I think once they get their distributor issues sorted out they'll be back in stock. There's no reason to discontinue them.

LCW

Reaction score
Local Marshall dealer said that Zounds isn’t returning emails. They’re not even sure if they’ll remain a Marshall dealer. Said he thinks Zounds is re-evaluating their whole dealer and distributor network.

anitoli

Reaction score
People screamed for a Jube reissue for years, then Marshall delivered, how many that screamed actually bought one ?
They didnt sell, they got axed.

Riderhefader

Reaction score
Talked to Sweetwater on the phone today. They said that they are not discontinued in the US. they just receive so few of them and they are sporadic in getting them from Marshall for whatever reason.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with the quality of the 2555x and didn't think it was deserving of the "Reissue" title. Chrome front panel was thin, like beer can thin. Internally, nothing like an original Jubilee, more like a Bugera 333XL I used to own.

anitoli

Reaction score

Riderhefader

Reaction score
I saw this and other threads like it. But after talking to Sweetwater this is not the case. They just receive a limited supply of them so typically out of stock.

Latest posts