Marshall 8080 Service Help -- No "clean" Channel Sound

cee dub

Reaction score
Hello all,
I needed to change out a pot on my Marshall 8080 and didn't want to disconnect all the wires, so I took apart the main transformer so I could manipulate the circuit board in a way to get to the underside to replace the pot. That went fine.

When I went to test it, I found that there was no sound on the clean channel, but the OD channel worked perfectly (and the pot I replaced worked perfectly). The tube and fuse look fine -- I see no broken pieces.

Can someone please help me figure out what I have to replace to fix this problem? :)

Thank you!

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Hello all,
I needed to change out a pot on my Marshall 8080 and didn't want to disconnect all the wires, so I took apart the main transformer so I could manipulate the circuit board in a way to get to the underside to replace the pot. That went fine.

When I went to test it, I found that there was no sound on the clean channel, but the OD channel worked perfectly (and the pot I replaced worked perfectly). The tube and fuse look fine -- I see no broken pieces.

Can someone please help me figure out what I have to replace to fix this problem? :)

Thank you!
Welcome to the forum.
It helps to post pictures of the insides, but apparently not everything was connected 100% correctly?

wakjob

Reaction score
Just for future reference, there is a way to flip those boards over without disconnecting everything...tricky, but doable.