• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall AVT 2000

• Thread starter James Darcy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I own a Marshall AVT 150H 2000 amp head with the accompanying AVT 4x12 cabinet. How do I get rid it?

• taking out the trash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • accept your loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James Darcy

Reaction score
I've bought a used marshall avt 150H 2000 and have some questions. I'm just seeing if anyone out there is knowledgeable about said amplifier?

RLW59

Reaction score
The only reliability issue is the fan on the bigger models. The fans are somewhat unreliable and if they fail the amp's output transistors can overheat and be damaged. Even when the amp is running at moderate volumes.

They're easy and inexpensive to replace if they fail. Sometimes they can start working again with a fairly simple partial disassembly, cleaning, and lubrication.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
To The Forum
My only experience with the AVT line has been the AVT50H, that I ran through a avt cab an MG cabs .. my favorite way of playing them was in a full stack of cabs
Volume dimed and gain for level, with a loud drummer, but it also played well with low volume’s. I have since sold both of them..

Cheers
Mitch

James Darcy

Reaction score
The only reliability issue is the fan on the bigger models. The fans are somewhat unreliable and if they fail the amp's output transistors can overheat and be damaged. Even when the amp is running at moderate volumes.

They're easy and inexpensive to replace if they fail. Sometimes they can start working again with a fairly simple partial disassembly, cleaning, and lubrication.
Are problems with the FX Loop a reoccurring issue?

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Another trick I read here on the forum was to unplug the reverb tank and the reverb pot was supposed to act like a presence control, but I never really heard a difference.
I will search for a pic and bring it of the full stack configuration

Latest posts