Marshall Code " Patch " Sharing ( Longhand For Now )

• Thread starter mazzefr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMF

Reaction score
OFFICIAL MARSHALL CODE PRESET SHARING OUT!

Hey guys! Just to inform the ones that may not know it yet that Marshall has finally an official CODE preset sharing platform online and working. Just to let you know if you want to check it out and share some of your best presets ;) You can find it out here: http://my.marshall.com

Just hoping that it works fine. Cheers! and keep rocking!

Antmax

Reaction score
It works but isn't as nice as the third party library and editor. I could only find a way to look at the preset settings or transfer the preset but not edit it in realtime if I want to edit something like volume on the fly.

I'll probably stick with the one at https://marshallcode.tools which does everything as well as local storage for the PC app.

Basilios

Reaction score
Anyone have a white stripes-seven nation army patch to share?

johnac968

Reaction score
OFFICIAL MARSHALL CODE PRESET SHARING OUT!

Hey guys! Just to inform the ones that may not know it yet that Marshall has finally an official CODE preset sharing platform online and working. Just to let you know if you want to check it out and share some of your best presets ;) You can find it out here: http://my.marshall.com

Just hoping that it works fine. Cheers! and keep rocking!
Sweet I didn't know about this Thanks guys!!

Schmirak

Reaction score
Very helpful topic. I hope I can contribute with some of my presets. First post would be my version of the settings for U2 where the Streets have no Name. As always it is open for suggestions and positive feedback. I use this on my Les Paul Custom pro, bridge pickup, split coil.
U2 Streets.png

pacemaker1000

Reaction score
Will you ever be able to search for patches and demo/ save direct from the app?
I.e. Like the line 6 Amplifi range?
Seems a good start but long way to go to catch up with line 6 and Fender Fuse database of patches

doggerdog

Reaction score
I got tired of looking for a list of the presets-so I decided to do my own, very much a work in progress-I'm only really interested in a good base tone, so the FX needs some work ( it wont fit on a page ) , 71 and 72 are my overwritten ones, 72 isnt there because the app has frozen again so i couldnt read the settings--its a start though and it might help people decide how to organise stuff-print it out and scribble all over it.
cheers guys
andy k

edited to include final version-4
Thank you for your hard work on this. It is unbelievable to me the company could not supply this.

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
OK, the Marshall CODE 50 isn't really too bad at all. It's very time consuming, and a separate hobby of it's own.
If I had purchased the Marshall CODE 50 for my first and only main home bedroom practice amp I'd be pissed.
Some people want to plug in a guitar and enjoy playing. But the CODE 50 is a computer with a 12" guitar speaker and a 50 watt amp.
It needs programmed each and every step of the way. It is possible to get great sounds from the Marshall CODE 50. It can happen.
#1 it's NOT a low volume bedroom solution. It sounds terrible unless you turn it up to at least 9 o'clock or MORE. It's very loud !
The louder you crank it the better it sounds and less like a digital amp modeling fizz of crap.
Eventually it sounds great. Right before you get kicked out of your apartment, or told to "turn that thing down".
I think I'll like it, and I can't wait til I get a dozen patches tweaked and saved onto it.
FYI : If possible you'll need to use the line out (headphone) into something like a mixer and studio monitors, or just plug headphones into the amp.
It's gonna sound great. Like I said the built in 12" speaker sounds decent, but if it's not cranked up to at least 9 o'clock it sounds like a digital amp modeling fizz of crap.
The USB interface into a DAW works, and the results will be good. You still need to have a good sounding patch to start with. It's not magic.
The online patches @ marshall tools.com are easy to test on the amp, easy to save to the amp, and easy to download for use on the PC editor software from that site.
I could not get the patches from My Marshall.com to send to the amp, but the settings for the patches are visible and you can manually dial them into the amp to test and save if desired. I wish someone could tell me how to send those to the amp, yes I'm using Google Chrome for these procedures.
Doodles has some visible patches on his YouTube 11 video playlist that can be manually dialed in. I wish someone would put his patches @ Marshall tools.com
If you sift through the internet for hours you'll probably find some other settings you can dial in. Remember I said "It's very time consuming".
It's my intention to build some great sounds from scratch, and I'm sure they'll sound good. It'll be difficult to do it at home because like I also said It doesn't sound good unless you turn it up to at least 9 o'clock, and that's too loud for my apartment. My Marshall DSL5C, and Blackstar HT-5R are both plug & play, and sound perfect at any volume. As well as my Line 6 POD HD500, and Digiech RP360XP, both pretty much plug & play. (their factory presets aren't perfect either)
I'm going to be happy with the Marshall CODE 50, it's just a lot of work. I'm lazy and I have a full-time job already. When I come home from work most of the time I just want to play my guitar and I don't want it to be like a second job just trying to get it to sound good. Marshall did a good job with the CODE 50, I'll get it programmed and everything will be fine. In the meantime I have a DSL5C and a DSL100H and an EHV 5150 III 1X12 combo that aren't complicated and sound perfect.
...oh I'm always surprised at how much gain and distortion everyone out there seems to think sounds good. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
@Antmax I play a lot of 80's hair metal and hard rock, but I'm 58 and today's gain culture is ahead of me a bit. I'm trying to get there, but I'm not used to it yet. Maybe I'm an old fart. ...well not really.

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
Alright, Hey anybody can you help me understand why I CAN get patches to float to the CODE 50 from the marshallcode.tools.com site, but can NOT get the presets @ the my.marshall.com site to send to the amp. I'm having to dial them in manually from visually looking at the setting in the image files. I don't want to go through all that.
I'm using Google Chrome USB connected and recognized by the site. But I did have to download the Firmware program to check for updates because the live site firmware updater wouldn't work. I've got a few more things to try, such as turning on the amp after I'm logged into the site instead of already being turned on. If I get it working I'll edit this post or post that I got it to work. As for now It hasn't worked yet.
... OKAY Got it to work by logging into the site with the amp turned off and then turning on the amp to connect. MIDI Connected as was before but this time it sent the preset to the CODE. :applause:

Last edited:

Antmax

Reaction score
Alright, Hey anybody can you help me understand why I CAN get patches to float to the CODE 50 from the marshallcode.tools.com site, but can NOT get the presets @ the my.marshall.com site to send to the amp. I'm having to dial them in manually from visually looking at the setting in the image files. I don't want to go through all that.
I'm using Google Chrome USB connected and recognized by the site. But I did have to download the Firmware program to check for updates because the live site firmware updater wouldn't work. I've got a few more things to try, such as turning on the amp after I'm logged into the site instead of already being turned on. If I get it working I'll edit this post or post that I got it to work. As for now It hasn't worked yet.
... OKAY Got it to work by logging into the site with the amp turned off and then turning on the amp to connect. MIDI Connected as was before but this time it sent the preset to the CODE. :applause:

I mostly use the standalone editor in the downloads section of the site rather than the web based one. I just like the design, layout and responsiveness better. I only use the web based one to check out the presets people have shared. Both Editors save patches to your HD too.

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
@Antmax The trouble I was having getting patches to send to the CODE was from the my.marshall.com site and NOT the Live editor or PC editor from the marshallcode.tools. Regardless I have resolved the issue and everything works well. @Plectrum the my.marshall.com site wasn't recognizing my CODE at first, therefor the issues with getting patches to send to the amp as well as the browser firmware updater. The site is recognizing my CODE now and everything is fine.

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
Does anyone feel that unless the CODE 50 is turned up to at least the third black line on the master volume (around 10:30 O'clock) then it sounds completely awful. At a low volume less than at least 9 O'clock I feel that the amp sounds absolutely terrible. I took the Marshall CODE 50 to my bands rehearsal space and turned it up. It sounded fantastic, but at low volumes it's the worst sounding thing I ever owned. Also does anyone know enough about what will happen if I run a 16 ohm speaker on the CODE 50? I understand the internal speaker is 4 Ohms. Do you think using a 16 ohm speaker will reduce the volume enough to even attempt it? I'm looking for solutions that will allow the master volume and channel volume to be turned up, but I need the actual room volume reduced for use in my apartment.

Last edited:

stw500

Reaction score
Same for me. I am also thinking about a speaker swap to 16 ohm but didn't dare and didn´t have time for that yet. Also I don´t know if it is the build in stock speaker which has to be driven at high volume to bring nice tones or if it is an electronic thing depending on the knobs.

btw, not every 16 ohm speaker is on the same volume level as another. The manufacturer sets them on a specific db(A) level, so perhaps it would be clever to look for a 16 ohm speaker with low db(A) settings.

Last edited:

Antmax

Reaction score
I've considered it too but don't really know what to get. Is the stock speaker fairly flat? It's definately not FrFr and backing tracks still sound a bit dark (not terrible, just no where near as good as the Spider V with its tweeter).

If the only reason you don't like the stock speaker is the boxy and often muffled sounding bass. Someone suggested trying it open back. I tried unscrewing the back cover and leaning it back against the wall so there is about 5" gap at the top. At lower volumes in a small/medium size room it sounds much more open and less boxy. Good enough that I'm considering some European style cabinet hinges and a latch to hold it open when I want it that way.

Still waiting to see more people to try new speakers to get an idea what sounds best in the $70 - $120 price range.

It's also worth considering a multiple band EQ pedal so you can adjust the tone to your environment and tweak to your liking without having to fiddle with the controls so much.

I checked out the MyMarshall presets site yesterday and noticed some pretty decent user made presets up there. Had a blast around midnight lastnight, good thing I live in a detached house lol.

Last edited:

stw500

Reaction score
Well i opened it too and found it much worse than closed, so this is no option for me. An equalizer won´t bring good sounds to a weak speaker, this is at least my opinion. There won´t be another way than trying a speaker swap to find out, if its the speaker which is weak. But then you have to choose eather a real guitar speaker or a FrFr-speaker. Don´t know which will bring the code more in the way to sound like a big tube amp.

Elliot Twist

Reaction score
As it is a SS amp, the load really does not matter.
It comes with a 4-ohm speaker, that will be 6db louder than a 16-ohm.
It just 'may' reduce the volume enough for you to run it at a comfortable level.
The stock internal speaker is very overwhelmed with bass. Way too much. It think Marshall had a thought there as of the 12" speaker almost sounds like the 4X12 cabs the processor is modeling. I guess that's a gallant effort at modeling. I'll be installing a speaker jack that cuts off the internal speaker. I'll be using a 16 Ohm V30 in a Marshall MX112 cab for the test. The combination of reducing the apparent volume by 6db and the V30 not as boomy as the internal speaker should yield noticeable results. I don't plan on giging with the CODE 50, so I might eventually replace the internal speaker. The stock speaker sounds good it's just too much bass and too loud for my apartment. The Marshall CODE 50 is a real nice amp, I would not recommend it.
LoL I have a 2X12 cab (two 16 Ohm Seventy/80's) that can be run in 32 Ohm with the flip of a switch. I should try that too. Hey maybe a 16 Ohm Celestion Seventy/80 would be worth a try for those of you that want to try the speaker swap. The 2X12 cab I have is a stereo cab, so I can try one 16 Ohm Seventy/80 without much trouble.
I'll post back my findings after the weekend.
@Antmax , I grabbed a boat load of user presets from both sites, and yes many are nice. I should like to say that it's worth a try building your own presets from something @ 71,72,73 or 74. That Natural preamp is actually worth a shot, and it worked nice for me on a few presets I built.

stw500

Reaction score
Just tried out, that my guitar volume must be at least at 4,5 to get a good signal to the amp. Next thing someone has to try is, if it is more useful to get the volume knob lower and the master knob higher or the other way around (I can´t, my wife would kill me...lol).Elliot said master at least 10:30, volume 9.00 o´clock.

@Elliot Twist
Some posts above you said "Does anyone feel that unless the CODE 50 is turned up to at least the third black line on the master volume (around 10:30 O'clock) then it sounds completely awful. At a low volume less than at least 9 O'clock or the next line up I feel that the amp sounds absolutely terrible."

If load really doesn´t matter, then why you have to put the master volume up to get nice tones?

If you have the option to try out different speaker in cabs, please do so. I guess we two are not the only one´s who want to find out, which way of speaker brings the best result.

btw, if 16ohm lower the volume only about 6dbA that´s not too much, because 10dbA feels like doubled volume. Perhaps 32ohm would be best...lol

Latest posts