• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall Dsl 100 issues

• Thread starter Charinio
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Charinio

Reaction score
Hello from me also..
I am writing here cause im very dissapointed from this purchase.. I bought my first marshall DSL 100 on january 2020 and in three days the amp died.. They changed the amp with a brand new and now the story starts everything was going fine and one day seemed that i lost some volume suddenly on 50w mode plus the quality changed, espesially in the red channels so send it for check. The answer was that everything was fine. Today its 30/9/21 and i was practicing for my gig after 3 hours playing on 100w mode with the fx loop on and with the four cable method, the volume droped like half and i then came back again for some seconds and droped again in half. I press stby and still i had sound for 1-2 seconds and on 50w nothing. Then i went back on 100w and played but the sound wasnt like before and the volume was dropped. Also when i turned off the fx loop the volume increased. I tried after straight from guitar to the amp input still the same plus the red power light goes off and on randomly for 1-2 seconds.
Any ideas??

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello from me also..
I am writing here cause im very dissapointed from this purchase.. I bought my first marshall DSL 100 on january 2020 and in three days the amp died.. They changed the amp with a brand new and now the story starts everything was going fine and one day seemed that i lost some volume suddenly on 50w mode plus the quality changed, espesially in the red channels so send it for check. The answer was that everything was fine. Today its 30/9/21 and i was practicing for my gig after 3 hours playing on 100w mode with the fx loop on and with the four cable method, the volume droped like half and i then came back again for some seconds and droped again in half. I press stby and still i had sound for 1-2 seconds and on 50w nothing. Then i went back on 100w and played but the sound wasnt like before and the volume was dropped. Also when i turned off the fx loop the volume increased. I tried after straight from guitar to the amp input still the same plus the red power light goes off and on randomly for 1-2 seconds.
Any ideas??
:cheers:
:welcome:
To the forum
Brand new and the same problems?
I would return it also is it the HR ?
I would normally link that volume problem with a tube, but the flickering light,,, I have no idea, I do hope you get it sorted out they are great amps.
Mine are little brothers the Dsl40c’s.
Cheers
Mitch

Charinio

Reaction score
:cheers:
:welcome:
To the forum
Brand new and the same problems?
I would return it also is it the HR ?
I would normally link that volume problem with a tube, but the flickering light,,, I have no idea, I do hope you get it sorted out they are great amps.
Mine are little brothers the Dsl40c’s.
Cheers
Mitch
Yes the HR and i dont think they will take it back.. I know its great but.... :(

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
The power light could be the bulb , or how it’s connected, haven’t had that problem since 1981.
But you have ruled out no cables are amiss ?
I am certainly not an amp tech but it could still be a faulty preamp tube.
Do you have any spares ??

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
no i don't..
You should have a few preamp tubes on hand for problems, take a known good preamp tube and switch it into one spot at a time and try the amp, and as you move it forward, you will find the faulty tube, no need to worry about biasing the amp with preamp tubes.
And I would preform this task with out any thing in the loop..
Cheers

Charinio

Reaction score
You should have a few preamp tubes on hand for problems, take a known good preamp tube and switch it into one spot at a time and try the amp, and as you move it forward, you will find the faulty tube, no need to worry about biasing the amp with preamp tubes.
And I would preform this task with out any thing in the loop..
Cheers
Thanks for the advice I will do it! I hope to be a tube and not something serious but why it woks on 100 and not on 50??

EADGBE

Reaction score
Sometimes the volume dropping out can be a bad power tube.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Hello from me also..
Any ideas??

From 1 Marshall forum newb to another, welcome to the forum.

If I may ask, where did you buy the amp from?

Latest posts