Marshall DSL 100HR & MX412AR Cabinet

• Thread starter Lone Wolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the fourms here and introduced myself eariler this morning on the new members fourm. I'm also new to owning Marshall equipment.
Recently, I purchased a new Marshall DSL 100HR Amplifier and a like-new but used Marshall MX412AR Cabinet which is 16-Ohms. I want to make sure I connect the amp to the cabinet correctly so I don't cause any harm the either. My quest is: Which loudspeaker 1/4" outlet on the back of the amp do I use to connect to the single 4x12 cabinet. See attachments.

Attachments

• Marshall DSL 100HR Amplifier.PNG
    Marshall DSL 100HR Amplifier.PNG
    271.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Marshall MX412AR Cabinet.PNG
    Marshall MX412AR Cabinet.PNG
    699.1 KB · Views: 5

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the fourms here and introduced myself eariler this morning on the new members fourm. I'm also new to owning Marshall equipment.
Recently, I purchased a new Marshall DSL 100HR Amplifier and a like-new but used Marshall MX412AR Cabinet which is 16-Ohms. I want to make sure I connect the amp to the cabinet correctly so I don't cause any harm the either. My quest is: Which loudspeaker 1/4" outlet on the back of the amp do I use to connect to the single 4x12 cabinet. See attachments.
The hole on the far left in your pic has 1x16 Ohm only plug it in that one. If you have a meter, you can always test the cab to make sure no one rewired it, I would since it is used.

Put a speaker cable in it and put the meter on Ohms and touch the side with one and the tip with the other and it should verify it is still 16 Ohms. If it doesnt read correctly, switch them up.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Thank you Dogs of Doom!

The MX412AR cabinet was purchase from a person I know and it was never modified. Actually it was only used one time and then left sitting alone, more of a test than useage wear and tear.

Latest posts