Marshall DSL40CR Channel Switching Problem

• Thread starter Gusboot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gusboot

Reaction score
I have a 6-Channel Foot Switch for my DSL40CR that suddenly stopped working properly. When I turn the amp on and start playing, the LED’s on the FootSwitch light up until I go to stomp on the Footswitch to change channels then the Footswitch goes dead. No ability to change channels and the channel LED lights go out. I can change channels by pushing the buttons on the amp panel, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the Footswitch. My amp is just out of warranty so I’m screwed…any one have this problem or found a fix? I have cleaned the foot switch input on the amp and opened up the Footswitch pedal and sprayed with contact cleaner.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Hi @Gusboot.

Not the problem I found with my DSL40CR & 6-button.
I only get a bug where the FX Loop always goes to OFF at startup, even though the LED says it's ON (and I leave it ON at shutdown).
I cycle the FX Loop button (footswitch) OFF and ON again and it stays that way until next startup.
As it's a 'once per play' glitch, I can live with it.

Yours may be a faulty footswitch.
Can you get the shop to let you try another one?
Another 'fix' I heard about is trying a TRS lead instead of the supplied TS lead.
There is no reason I can think of as to why this should work, but some swear by it.

LAAF

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if the MIDI interface works since it uses some different signal paths to the DFX board for the same functions.

Last edited:

thesunship

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if the MIDI interface works since it uses some different signal paths to the DFX board for the same functions.
Midi with that amp should work flawlessly. If not, the amp is the culprit. The 6 button switch is supposedly buggy. I got one as a deal with my DSL40CR and immediately sold it as I heard it was problematic.

LAAF

Reaction score
I've been reading that too. That's what motivated me to build my own MIDI version. I'm still interested in getting a Marshall version because I want to analyze the signal on a scope. Being an engineer, I'm intrigued with how it actually works. Thanks for providing your experience.

donwagar

Reaction score
Does it work with the stock footswitch?

I've never had a problem with my 6 button switch, I think it's a great option.

Latest posts