Marshall DSL40CR Delay in Starting Up (I hit power and it takes about 3 seconds for LED's to come on) - Video in thread

• Thread starter phase27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phase27

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My DSL40CR that I picked up last week is awesome, but I was wondering if this is normal, or anything to worry about.

When I hit the power button, the FX Loop flashes (yellow) for a split second, then does nothing for 3-4 seconds (and all of the other LED's are blank at this point too), then clicks and comes on. This is all while the amp is in standby. It doesn't really affect anything, but the 20CR I have doesn't do that long of a delay, so just wondered if it was a sign of trouble.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My DSL40CR that I picked up last week is awesome, but I was wondering if this is normal, or anything to worry about.

When I hit the power button, the FX Loop flashes (yellow) for a split second, then does nothing for 3-4 seconds (and all of the other LED's are blank at this point too), then clicks and comes on. This is all while the amp is in standby. It doesn't really affect anything, but the 20CR I have doesn't do that long of a delay, so just wondered if it was a sign of trouble.
I'm not positive but there is a slight delay with my DSL40c, I think it's normal. Not a CR but figured I'd throw it out there. I believe it has to do with the channel switching circuits booting up.

LCW

Reaction score
I just picked up a used 40CR today. Label on back shows 10-2020. It does something similar to yours. Works fine other than that weird delay at startup.

phase27

Reaction score
Hopefully normal then! Saw your other thread too, congrats on snagging it. I've been having so much fun playing mine.

Sticker on the back of mine says 10-18. I guess it's a 2018 model. Speaking of buying and reselling (from your other thread), I just saw on Marketplace here someone selling a 4 month old model of the 40CR for $500 ($50 more than I spent, $450, last week). Mint, never left the house.

I'm resisting the urge to go check it out and resell mine! No issues with mine, but just figuring a mint version as opposed to 4 year old, for almost the same price...

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully normal then! Saw your other thread too, congrats on snagging it. I've been having so much fun playing mine.

Sticker on the back of mine says 10-18. I guess it's a 2018 model. Speaking of buying and reselling (from your other thread), I just saw on Marketplace here someone selling a 4 month old model of the 40CR for $500 ($50 more than I spent, $450, last week). Mint, never left the house.

I'm resisting the urge to go check it out and resell mine! No issues with mine, but just figuring a mint version as opposed to 4 year old, for almost the same price...
2018 is the first year of the R series Dsls’.

Does yours have the stock 70/80 in it? A special run Dsl40crs’ for Sweetwater came with Creamback 65 speakers, a great upgrade from a 70/80 imo.

If you’re going to look into that mint 40cr, you might want to ask what speaker it’s got, it would be worth more $ if it has a Creamback 65.

Congrats on your new amp and enjoy!

LCW

Reaction score
2018 is the first year of the R series Dsls’.

Does yours have the stock 70/80 in it? A special run Dsl40crs’ for Sweetwater came with Creamback 65 speakers, a great upgrade from a 70/80 imo.

If you’re going to look into that mint 40cr, you might want to ask what speaker it’s got, it would be worth more $ if it has a Creamback 65.

Congrats on your new amp and enjoy!
CR came stock with a V-Type. The C was the one that came with a 70/80.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
CR came stock with a V-Type. The C was the one that came with a 70/80.
Now I’m wondering if it was the C or the CR that Sweetwater had the special run of.