Marshall Equivalent to Orange Super Crush 100

• Thread starter Trower71
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-man

Reaction score
My cursory understanding of modern Orange is that they were a somewhat “ballsy” company that experienced some level of success with some of their attempts to step out on a limb.

Marshall’s period for this was the mid-late 1980s to early 1990s, and arguably a shining moment during the late 2000s before Jim’s death with a slew of low production number sig and anniversary amps, maybe half with high R&D investment in complex technology.

While the Studio Series (capitalizing on established circuit designs) was a grand slam and the Origin (a “loosely-based” tribute style circuit) were hits, Marshall hasn’t had a hair on its ass since the release of the failed JMD/code series.

Post -Jim leadership was dogshit in terms of innovation, and while still under a (waning) grace period, current leadership hasn’t exactly stepped up to assuage any skepticism thus far.

mr_tornado_head

Reaction score
These are available - sometimes at a fair price point.
Why not get one, or two?
Because I just bought the aforementioned Hiwatt. 🤣

I may at some point down the line. I'm looking at the 5215 and pulling the chassis and putting it in a head cab. That could be pretty good, and not as heavy.