Marshall JMP 2203 with SIR/Levi #34/36 Mod + 6550s

Eddylenz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Pretty much finished another amp. This was a fun one, #34 and #36 Mods + Tube FX loop. This is my first time putting the #36 in an old Marshall and I really like how it turned out. It's also the first time that I tried the #36 with 6550s, which IMO have tighter bass and are overall a bit more balanced sounding than EL34 in this amp.
It's always extremely fun to play with the sound of one of my heroes and I can't wait to make another one of those mods!

Here's a playthrough with my Rivera Rockcrusher and an 80s 1960BV cab, mic'ed with a 57 and an sE VR1. What do you think?

Cheers,
Eddy

Kelia

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Pretty much finished another amp. This was a fun one, #34 and #36 Mods + Tube FX loop. This is my first time putting the #36 in an old Marshall and I really like how it turned out. It's also the first time that I tried the #36 with 6550s, which IMO have tighter bass and are overall a bit more balanced sounding than EL34 in this amp.
It's always extremely fun to play with the sound of one of my heroes and I can't wait to make another one of those mods!

Here's a playthrough with my Rivera Rockcrusher and an 80s 1960BV cab, mic'ed with a 57 and an sE VR1. What do you think?

Cheers,
Eddy

Sounds good , I think I prefer #34 ,......is it an optic illusion or I see that you drilled a hole
for the switch on this beauty !? :fingersx: