• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall Jmp Lead & Bass 20 (1973)

happy_voodoo

Reaction score
Hi there,
My first post here! My uncle has kindly passed down his Marshall JMP Lead & Bass 20 to me. A donation to help fund a small home studio set-up. It does have some sentimental value, but he's insisting we try to sell it.
I've seen some of the heads on sale before, but never really with an original cab. I assume its the correct cab for it as my uncle bought it with it.
Its in good condition and was serviced yesterday. It comes with original protective covers.
Any thoughts to what it might be worth would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

JMP-01-rs.jpg

JMP-02-rs.jpg

JMP-03-rs.jpg

JMP-04-rs.jpg

JMP-05-rs.jpg

JMP-06-rs.jpg

JMP-07-rs.jpg

stilllifer

Reaction score
I have no idea but man they are both in mint condition!!! Looks like it has never been played!!! The knowledgeable folks will chime in here for you.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Prices on these are hard to figure because it depends on the actual market. A 1969 year 2022T recently sold for about $1850 which is about half the stated bluebook value.

Bluebook values on 1973 model 1973 with 1x12 cabinet in excellent condition range from $2000 to $2800 or so.

happy_voodoo

Reaction score
Hello again,
Thanks for the replies! I should have taken more photos of the insides while it was being serviced.
The guy came to do the servicing at my house.
I'll open it up soon, but for now, I did get a pic of the valves.

JMP-08.JPG

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you checked EBay for sold items? The easiest way to value something is auction it and let interested parties decide......are you in the U.K. or overseas?

happy_voodoo

Reaction score
I've checked eBay and they tend not to crop up with a head and cab together. Not sure how much
that adds to the situation.
Yes, I'm UK based (Kent).

soundboy57

Reaction score
I had the same exact setup with covers from 1973 in the same exact condition.
I sold the head and cab a few months ago, here in the states for $3400 shipped.
I am assuming your speaker is original and perfect, etc.
Mine had the original Mullard tubes in it, as well.
Best of luck.
frontlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

houseofrock

Reaction score
I don't need an answer to this but one must ask if you are going to need amps for your studio why not keep this one?
Should make a great addition to the amp selection.

happy_voodoo

Reaction score
Were the tubes I posted Mullards? Original I would hope and expect as I was told they haven't been changed.

Thanks houseofrock, it crosses my mind all the time, but really lacking in funds to finish the studio which is kinda frustrating.

soundboy57

Reaction score
I had a hard time parting with mine, too, but only because it was in like new condition.
IMHO they sound "small" and any of my other vintage 50 watters sound fuller and fatter, even with an attenuator, or master volume in the case of the 2204.
This applies to any cab combination, as well. An old 2204 sounds killer through the 1x12 cab, and the 20 watt head
isn't as nice, full, or ballsy, even with a 4x12 cab.
You won't miss it, IMHO.
Having said that, the market is real soft from now until fall, in my experience.
January to March, for some reason (tax returns) seems strong, as well as the end of the year, when people are indoors, and during the holidays on their computers more.
I still wouldn't take less than $3K for it, in the US.
I just realized you are in the UK. There isn't as much demand, and lower prices over there, compared to the US, so be willing to ship it, or take substantially less.
My two cents.

Last edited:

Latest posts