Marshall Jubilee + Tokai - Soft overdrive and tone playing

• Thread starter melpi65
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

melpi65

Reaction score
Hola!

I'm in love with my Jubile 2555x and my Tokai. The response of the Marshall to the tone pot and headroom it is totally amazing, i made this jam tonight:

Doubt: i'm using a 4x12 JCM900 cabinet. Do you think it would change the tone for better if i get a jubilee cabinet or the 4x12 greenback one?

Thank you!

Deftone

Reaction score
Sounds great!

Most people seem to like the Jube cabs w/v30's. I prefer my 2555 with two 65w Creambacks and two G12H-30 Anniversaries. GB's are good too.

Spcv

Reaction score
Very nice!

I have a Tokai and love it! Every Gibson player that tries it says that it does not fall short of a Gibson in the slightest. Only had one setup years and years ago and has never failed me since.

Regarding the cab, even though it has been said that Slash uses V30s and being a Jubillee, I personally believe that Greenbacks should be the standard Marshall option - like in a basic configuration. The cab itself won't make that much difference, the speakers will.

Most every thing I have heard with a Creamback sounds good, too. Also, I've read of some people suggesting mixing speakers with nice results.

melpi65

Reaction score
Very nice!

I have a Tokai and love it! Every Gibson player that tries it says that it does not fall short of a Gibson in the slightest. Only had one setup years and years ago and has never failed me since.

Regarding the cab, even though it has been said that Slash uses V30s and being a Jubillee, I personally believe that Greenbacks should be the standard Marshall option - like in a basic configuration. The cab itself won't make that much difference, the speakers will.

Most every thing I have heard with a Creamback sounds good, too. Also, I've read of some people suggesting mixing speakers with nice results.

Hi, thanks for the answer.
I think due the results i have with the 4x celestions i will stick with them. They sound acceptable, further i will check for greenbacks.

Thank you and happy new year!

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
I prefer the Jubilee with the V30s over greenbacks.

Aged, broke in, speakers are probably more important than the speaker model, though.

If it sounds good, it's good. Your sounds are good.

The EQ on the Jubilee is effective enough to make diverse speakers work.