Marshall Jubilee

• Thread starter monty john
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

monty john

Reaction score
Hello folks, I am selling a Marshall Jubilee in MINTY condition, a couple scratches on the side of the amp but a very very clean example of this beautiful amp.....It is a 2550 25/50 watt no issues no repairs works as it should Svetlana power tubes Ei preamp tubes. Serial number is after 8,000 so this IS the desirable circuit....If you are looking you know this is a great sounding amp....I am "rockgodii" on ebay with 84 transactions 100%. I need $2,250 paypal (gifted) shipped double boxed I pack well...This is a piece of Marshall history and you will be hard pressed to find one in this condition....I can be reached at monty derhak at yahoo dot com....PLEAZ no scammers spammers or any other idiots= sorry to have to say this...but I am for real so hopefully you are too....I can also be reached via cell phone, can give you the number on email... Thanks Monty

Attachments

• jub front.jpg
    jub front.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 30
  • jub side.jpg
    jub side.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 31
  • jube rear.jpg
    jube rear.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 30

monty john

Reaction score
Come on guys make me an offer! Don't make me ebay (fees) this amp!! She is way too nice and needs a good home...

al3d

Reaction score
include a price...you'll get more interest i think.

cagamp1

Reaction score
I luvs a Jubilee. I saw your price - $2250.

Only someone who really, really, really wants that particular amp is going to even bother at that price.

I've been seeing lots of good condition Jubilee amps going an average between $1000 - $1500 and some of those included cabs. That pisses me off because I wish I had the doe right now to throw at a 2553 half stack.

The Bluebook on your amp is average $1600.

Adwex

Reaction score
I luvs a Jubilee. I saw your price - $2250.

Only someone who really, really, really wants that particular amp is going to even bother at that price.

I've been seeing lots of good condition Jubilee amps going an average between $1000 - $1500 and some of those included cabs. That pisses me off because I wish I had the doe right now to throw at a 2553 half stack.

The Bluebook on your amp is average $1600.

The 100 watt 2555 usually fetches a premium price (I paid $2500 for mine), but the 50 watt 2550 usually goes for considerably less.

cagamp1

Reaction score
The 100 watt 2555 usually fetches a premium price (I paid $2500 for mine), but the 50 watt 2550 usually goes for considerably less.

Ad, they do sometimes. I bet you bought yours a few years back. But look at the economy right now (in the USA).

monty john

Reaction score
$1,600 no way!!! I will keep her before that ever EVER happens....There is one at GC in Medford that looks like it was drug behind a truck, they won't budge at $1,700 and its not even the GOOD CIRCUIT or serial number below 6000... I know what its worth I am not a fool....Completed listings on ebay have an amp of this serial number and condition around $2,100= I will do that before I get abused sorry.....I would however take an honest price and would be willing to come down some=make an offer I cannot refuse and go from there....

cagamp1

Reaction score
Monty, I feel your pain. Hold out until you get what you want. It's like the market...things go up and down.

The 2554 I have is #00867. When I got it second hand it sounded 1/2 weak compared to my other Jub. I checked it out, fixed the board and components and now it is totally bada$$. Most that tinker or tech can fix it fairly cheap if they are familiar with it. But I wouldn't pay that much extra for a #03100 and up.

Oh, just to mention to Jubilee lovers out there. There are more than a couple of different PC board layout/designs out there and not all match up exactly to the schematics that you see.

monty john

Reaction score
Yes I have had two offers thus-far .... one for $1,750 plus $75 shipping and another person wants to trade a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec Bubinga Wicker Chicken head nobbies employee one-off.....Hint: I am looking for between the first offer and what I am asking hint hint......she is un-modded and a very clean example of a 2550 with a spare set of EL34's.....

Adwex

Reaction score
Ad, they do sometimes. I bet you bought yours a few years back. But look at the economy right now (in the USA).

I bought mine 3 years ago, and I don't plan on selling it any time soon. I'll keep it until I can't play the guitar anymore.

monty john

Reaction score
:I don't plan on selling it any time soon. I'll keep it until I can't play the guitar anymore. :

YUPPERs my sentiments also.... I am blessed to have more than one amp....this one has never let me down ....tone...unmolested....clean....pains me to sell her....somebody will be very lucky...

Lane Sparber

VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with serial numbers below 6000? Mine is in the 6900s and every single person who's played it in my shop has offered to buy it...every single one. It's one of the most amazing amps I've ever heard. How is that a "bad circuit?" From everything that I've seen, the later circuits seem to be more desirable, and FJA Mods even offers an "early to late" circuit conversion. Elaborate, please?

-Lane

cagamp1

Reaction score
Lane, models earlier than 3100 have different (earlier) PC boards and a few other problems because of schematic and quality control issues. Marshall actually went through 4 or 5 different PC board layouts within 1 year. But they can be fixed. Like I said my #867 2554 is awsome and I believe it now plays just as good or better than my #4305 2558.

Lane Sparber

VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on, Cagamp. That is what I was getting at. Thanks for posting that. The LATER models are the most desirable circuits, which seems to contradict what was said above, no? ;)

-Lane

jcmjmp

Reaction score
But the early models can be converted to the later circuit.

cagamp1

Reaction score
But the early models can be converted to the later circuit.

Yes, with PC board modifications and jumpers.:)

Another point to mention: Don't just trust that your amp is built/working correctly. Whenever I mess with an amp I find the latest schematic for that model and go over it piece by piece (blueprint it) and mark down descrepencies, measurements and notes.

Last edited:

dudleys100

Reaction score
So how can I get copy of the most recent schematic? Mine is in the 8000's and sounds a LOT better than the old 2553 I used to have. I am pretty sure it was an old circuit.

Any help would be appreciated, I would love to look over my amp to check and make sure it matches up to the schematic.

Thanks!

Madaxeman

Reaction score
Attached is the latest layout. 3100 +
The talk of 6000 + is incorrect, the curcuit was modded after 3100 not 6000.
The previous poster is right that there are multiple versions of the curcuit out there, even some post 3100 amps have a factory tweaked curcuit.

Attachments

• 2550_ver_2.jpg
    2550_ver_2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 12

dudleys100

Reaction score
Awesome. Looks like that is just a thumbnail size though only opens up to about an inch and a half on my computer :) I tried blowing it up but that makes it all blurry.

Do you have a bigger version?

Latest posts