Marshall Jubillee amps

• Thread starter mymarshallrocks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mymarshallrocks

Reaction score
I sorta miss my Jubillee amp, which from memory, I bought back in the late '80s?. It was a good lookin' light grey tolex combo with 2x12s and had a great tone, though it did have an odd red footswitch for the dirty channel switching. Anyone out there got one of these babies -what's you experience with them?

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
I sorta miss my Jubillee amp, which from memory, I bought back in the late '80s?. It was a good lookin' light grey tolex combo with 2x12s and had a great tone, though it did have an odd red footswitch for the dirty channel switching. Anyone out there got one of these babies -what's you experience with them?

You gotta wait till Adwex responds, wich he will do for sure I think. He has one and loves it !

Madaxeman

Reaction score
I love mine.
They sound fat and ballsy even at low volumes. No need for an attenuator.
Has great tone and plently of gain on tap and the tone controls are very responsive.
I use an eq in the loop and get heavly lead tones from my les pauls by pushing the mids.
Been gigging with Jubes for over 10 years and have never once had one let me down in any way. Keep the loop jacks clean and bias in the 35-38ma range (generally) for best results. Also get one in the 3100+ serial range as Marshall changed the curcuit to the fatter sounding version from that point on.
The drive has a very aggressive kind of growl to it but is also very musical. The amp also loves pedals and the loop is a great feature. The amp sounds at its best with V30's Greenbacks or Heritage celestions.
Beware though, Jubes are in essence one channel amps with a switchable diode driven overdrive built in and due to the shared clean/overdrive eq it can be difficult for some to dial in a setting that works well for both. I don't mind this limitation and use my guitar's volume pot alot which helps.
They are very expensive nowadays though, but the jubes are available in black from 1988-89 go for less money than the silvers (1987)
My 2x12 combo was one of the best sounding jubes I've ever owned (And i've had the entire range) but It weighed a fkn tonne.

siav

Reaction score
I love mine as well.
The thing is that I have to play strings very hard to get the sound I like.
Fantastic amp, I'd never sell it :)

jcmjmp

Reaction score
They're very nice amps. Of all the Marshalls, they're the least Marshall sounding though. The bass and mids are voiced differently.

The clean and lead channels are very good and the amp responds well to pedals.

monty john

Reaction score
UHHH YUP.....creamy distortion.....absolutely love it...mine is a later circuit model 1988.....Heritage speakers, Les Paul what else is needed....I have a DD-3 in loop with BBE Sonic Stomp and presto......insta tone.......

Adwex

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll never sell mine either, unless I'm starving, or can't play anymore.
I get alot of compliments on my tone. The Les Paul helps too.

Latest posts