Marshall JVM changes over the years

• Thread starter kingsxman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kingsxman

Reaction score
I'm curious if there were any major changes to Marshall JVM's over the years. I know at one point they had an issue with circuit boards overheating. Dont recall when that was.
For example: is a JVM 410H from 2011 as good as one from 2018?

thx in advance.

spacerocker

Reaction score
I'm curious if there were any major changes to Marshall JVM's over the years. I know at one point they had an issue with circuit boards overheating. Dont recall when that was.

Marshall JVMs never had an issue with circuit boards over-heating! Very early models (up to July 2007) had heater fuse holders fitted to the PCB which could overheat and scorch the PCB. Perhaps that is what you were referring to? All subsequent JVMs had the fuses linked out or removed from the PCB design....

For example: is a JVM 410H from 2011 as good as one from 2018?
YES!

Lowlife

Reaction score
Mine had the old fuse thing, I bypassed it, and it works like a charm...other than that, I have no knowledge of changes to the JVM amps

Rockat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super stable amps!!

kingsxman

Reaction score
Thanks. I've had 4 different JVM's over the years. May be looking to go back to a 410h again. I love the versatility of them. Between the JVM's and a Budda SD45...these seem to be the amps that I cant stay away from for long.

I did have one JVM that when I went to do mods to it, I noticed that the circuit board was black from where the fuse issue happened. I dont recall though what year they fixed that issue.

spacerocker

Reaction score
I noticed that the circuit board was black from where the fuse issue happened. I dont recall though what year they fixed that issue.

Ummm......🤔🤔🤔

Marshall JVMs never had an issue with circuit boards over-heating! Very early models (up to July 2007) had heater fuse holders fitted to the PCB which could overheat and scorch the PCB. Perhaps that is what you were referring to? All subsequent JVMs had the fuses linked out or removed from the PCB design....

Last edited:

Latest posts