Marshall Major Reissue

• Thread starter marshallman116
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think they should make a Major reissue with modern tech so they won't blow up with a boost pedal. There should be a Hand Wired and Printed version for effects loop people. Who's in??? Should we start a petition?

guitargoalie

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the hype of the major? To me it just seems like it takes longer to distort, ear crushing volumes, more expensive to retube...

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
It will never happen. There is no demand for a 200 watt amp. 20 watt amps are dominating the market right now. Most new amps are 40 watts or less. I sometimes wonder how much longer 100 watt amps will be produced.

Big amps were necessary back when PA systems sucked. Now a performer can go on stage with an SL-5 and do a show.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It will never happen. There is no demand for a 200 watt amp. 20 watt amps are dominating the market right now. Most new amps are 40 watts or less. I sometimes wonder how much longer 100 watt amps will be produced.

I'll give it a few years to a decade before 100w tube amps come back into style.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
What do you think will make a 100 watt amp come back into demand?

Hell most people seem to think that in a decade it will be all modelers.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Wasn't there a time when rack gear and SS amps dominated? High-wattage tube amps eventually came back in style.

I don't think modelers will take over, I think either tube amps will come back in the forefront or we'll have both tube amps and modelers being popular.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
There will always be a demand for tube amps. That's a given. As far as 100 watt tube amps, I don't know. I made my comment based on what is currently trending. Most of the guys I know that used to play with 100 watt half stacks are now using 20-30 watt heads with a 212 cab.

And if you use a couple of really sensitive speakers, like Eminence, your total SPL output will be pretty outrageous even with a 20 watt amp.

The original Marshall tone was a NMV amp being cranked and it was fricking loud. People are getting that same tone at lower volume levels with these smaller amps and if necessary, running them through the PA system.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I know of a guy on the Dean forum who just released an album. He had axe effect maybe kemper I can't find the post , both guitarist and they fried them. Back to tube amps. I believe he went to Marshall JCM 800
point is correct Marty. the trends are changing.
I would hate to think one day tube amps are hard to get but given the current demand and hand made boutique stuff I guess that would be a long time from now.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I know of a guy on the Dean forum who just released an album. He had axe effect I believe , both guitarist and they fried them. Back to tube amps. I believe he went to Marshall JCM 800

What do you mean fried them? The Axe-Fx died?

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
The Major is my weapon of choice these days.:D

If Marshall was to reissue it, I think a lot of people would buy it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I know of a guy on the Dean forum who just released an album. He had axe effect maybe kemper I can't find the post , both guitarist and they fried them.

...How did they fry them? I've never heard of reliability issues with the Axe or Kemper, just user error.

Latest posts