Marshall Mpm4e Mods.

• Thread starter wolf5150
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wolf5150

Reaction score
Hi folks
I've owned and gigged my JMP1 for about 20 yrs and I've finally decided to buy the dedicated footswitch.
The problem is that the cable is permanently attached , making it impossible to mount on my pedalboard, and much harder to plug into the back of my rack at a gig.
Does anyone know of a company who makes better versions or capable of modding the official one ?
I found a company in the USA who make one but they rudely told me that they supply USA customers only. "No Exceptions"
Hopefully that attitude will help them go out of business soon.
So, anyone know a friendlier company I can contact ?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gblev

Reaction score
"I've owned and gigged my JMP1 for about 20 yrs"

You must own a DeLorean loaded with a Flux Capacitor!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Might be nice to have a rig/gear rundown.

Many think it's best to use a midi controller &, if using a midi based effects unit, use the effects unit to control the JMP-1.

I have a JMP-1. I've had it since 1992. I never got the JMP-1 to properly control any of my effects units. I tried a bunch back in the '90s, but haven't bothered since. I either found a nice generic reverb that I could use across the board, or using it in studio, you just tweak the effects as you go. Recording, you always record dry anyway, & add the effects later, because effects recorded are many x's different than what they play....

Gblev

Reaction score
Didn't the JMP1 just come out in 2012? Or was there another JMP1 that existed prior? I'm confused...

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this instance they're refering to the preamp..not the 1w head..

wolf5150

Reaction score
The JMP1 has very easy to use midi mapping and has controlled everything I've placed in the loop perfectly ( currently a Digitech GSP1101 for its brilliant Lexicon reverbs and delays ). No issues there.
I currently use a midi controller but I also need to run a power supply to it and that's what I want to change.
I only use 4 presets so the dedicated footswitch is perfect, if I can make the mods that I want to it.

Gblev

Reaction score
Thanks Gunner, I thought it was odd that the OP said he had been playing it for 20yrs. Now the joke is on me, sorry OP.

wolf5150

Reaction score
Thanks Gunner, I thought it was odd that the OP said he had been playing it for 20yrs. Now the joke is on me, sorry OP.

Maybe mine is the JMP-1 and the other is the JMP1 ?
In which case I'm the one at fault.

Gblev

Reaction score
No worries, you were right and this one is on me. I should have looked it up. I took a shot at a joke, and it really was on me. So I accept the bad humor because of ignorance on my part.