Marshall Origin Series Amplifiers

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Origin50H looks promising. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a owner's manual/handbook. I was hoping there would be one with some suggested settings; it would be a nice change from the most Marshall owner's manual/handbooks which didn't offer suggested settings (and just maybe cut down on some of the "suggested settings" and "how do I get ___ tone" threads around here. Anyways, I'd like to hear it in person to be sure, but Origin50H looks promising.

Origin50C also looks promising. Question: does anyone have experience with on-board speakers described in the specs as Celestion G12N-60 Midnight 60? Doesn't sound bad in the demo, but not sure he's demoing the Origin50 because he talks about Celestion V-type speaker. Anyhow, hearing it in person will be best, but perhaps someone familiar with Celestion G12N-60 Midnight 60 can give a quick impression? Thanks.

jleftyy

Reaction score
I'm still thinking this is the Astoria Classic repackaged with an effects loop, DI, and less expensive manufacturing.
"repackaged" or not if the price is right I will be buying one. The Astoria's are out of my budget.

cliffenstein

Reaction score
I know it's minor and superficial, but I would have greatly preferred a line of piping across the middle on the front like classic Marshall. The Origin head looks like a nicer version of the original run of Blackstar HT heads.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
When I first read about the Origin series the thing that popped immediately to mind was the Vintage Modern, but with EL34s.

Yup, when I saw the description I thought the same.

Instead, of a PPMV it has power scaling. Should be able to get into power tube distortion at lower levels instead of just PI distortion.

EL34s will satisfy more people than KT66s and make it easier to sell, but with stepped power scaling they probably use cathode bias like the mini Jubilee, so will probably take both.

Instead of high/low dynamic ranges on a foot switch it just has a pull boost, so people are less likely to think of it as a channel switcher. or misuse it as such.

The tilt knob will probably be easier to use for many than the body/detail knobs of the VM.

I really like the small box plexi head shell sizes and cosmetics.

I'm still thinking this is the Astoria Classic repackaged with an effects loop, DI, and less expensive manufacturing.

Could be.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's minor and superficial, but I would have greatly preferred a line of piping across the middle on the front like classic Marshall. The Origin head looks like a nicer version of the original run of Blackstar HT heads.
I kinda like the styling, but I have never been a real fan of 'top-loader' amps.

Too bad there is no extension cab styled like the Origin. THAT would be cool...

BrentD

Reaction score
Anyone "in the know" have any idea if the 20 is a single EL-34 or if both the 20 and 50 are dual EL-34s but at different voltages with different iron?

The point of the question is that a single EL-34 might be cathode-biased as well.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone "in the know" have any idea if the 20 is a single EL-34 or if both the 20 and 50 are dual EL-34s but at different voltages with different iron?

The point of the question is that a single EL-34 might be cathode-biased as well.
I think the only one that strays from the 2X EL34 design is the 5W version...

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea... never heard any of these speakers before. Can't wait to try in person for sure!
This is why I am interested in the head version, Marshall has never hit a home run in the combo speaker game...

Joe2000

Reaction score
Credit where it's due, I think this is much more in line with what people have been wanting from Marshall and they have delivered(design wise anyways). Will how it sounds in person. I have always said the perfect Marshall would be the vintage modern but based on el34 instead of kt66. Tilt is a great idea. Well done.

Some feedback though...the thin origin type font is more in line with their cheaper run amps. Would have liked to have seen a thick jcm style model name. Just me though.

JCarno

Reaction score
OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!........F*** ME!!!! I'm agonizing over pre-ordering the ORI50H.:hmm::scratch:
Still got the SW page open in another window.:facepalm:
I'm really wanting to wait to hear some real life, regular player demos and input first.:wallbash:
If it can sound the way the 2555x, 4104, JVM 205H and DSL50 already do, then whats the point?
I HATE GAS!!!:pissed:

Nmoc strat

Reaction score
Me likes this new line of Origin, its kinda like a new modernized take on the old Plexis. And for the de os, they really sound like it.

Would like to try.

mbell75

Reaction score
$650 for the 50 watt head is incredibly cheap and 26 pounds is very light for a 50 watt head. Its almost too good to be true. Anyone else get the feeling given the low cost and light weight that there is some kind of SS stuff going on inside? Similar to Blackstar's HT Club 50 tube amps? I see some very eerie similarities.

Derald

Reaction score
Finally!! They made a small combo Vintage Modern!!! I can probably retire my 100w beast for this small portable combo! Awesome Marshall thank you. Pre Ordering now!