Marshall Origin Series Amplifiers

jleftyy

Reaction score
I think Im going to wait until some people buy it, test it and open it up. I have nothing against SS amps, I own an Orange Crush Pro 120 and I think its awesome. I just have a feeling that at that price and weight, there are op-amps in there doing work in the preamp stage and other SS components alongside the tubes.
At $650 US for a 50 watt head what are you expecting? A 50 watt EL34 power section at that price means early Christmas for me.

Reactions: Len

vintmodJCM

Reaction score
Now the thing is made in Vietnam, reasonably priced at 650, I'd be all over the 50 Watt it if I had the dough.

I don't give a rats ass where it's made if it's built well and sounds good and the features sure look damn promising.

If you (and others) cared enough about where it was made, you just might have the dough to afford one

GuitarIV

Reaction score
If you (and others) cared enough about where it was made, you just might have the dough to afford one

I would love to buy domestic made products and not support outsourcing them to Asia. However this is not how the globalized world works my friend.

Plus I am still a student. When I get my degree and finally earn some regular and proper cash we can talk.

vintmodJCM

Reaction score
This amp line is aimed squarely at Blackstar, no two ways about it.

Bletchley, like Gibson USA/Nashville, very soon will be custom shops only.

Small, passionate amp builders like Suhr & Metro are the new "old" Marshall

vintmodJCM

Reaction score
I would love to buy domestic made products and not support outsourcing them to Asia. However this is not how the globalized world works my friend.

Plus I am still a student. When I get my degree and finally earn some regular and proper cash we can talk.

Your real-world education is just beginning, young friend.

Good luck & Godspeed

Last edited:

jericbrazier

Reaction score
I just saw Marshall’s product demo. Origin sounds ok. Honestly my DSL40C seems to have all those tones, and imho does them as well, if not better. I’ve swapped to a Eminence Swamp Thang and put in EHX medium plate el34s. IMHO turned my so so amp into a beast.
Maybe these will do well, who knows. I have my doubts. At least they put something new out.
I sure would miss the high headroom cleans that my dsl has.

EndGame00

Reaction score
Kay W. Sly of Marshall Germany or Oli from Sessions should do a demo of the Origin... They does it better with proper micing than the “Official Marshall Product Demo” video producer does...

el_bastardo

Reaction score
:wow: daym, that cant be right.

Is it a regular size, like a JVM 410 for example?

JVM 410 Dimensions:: 750 x 310 x 215 mm
No it seems to be about the same size as the smallbox reissue amps - JTM45 - 1987x.

The listed dimensions are a mistake.

eastwood6

Reaction score
Wait. What's with all the love for the new Marshall Origin amps? I thought Marshall was going down the toilet, getting their lunch eaten by Friedman by releasing only Marshall branded fridges and sunglasses? The Origin amps don't sound anything like the super-awesome Friedman WP-50 (Wet P*ssy 50) and is only a fraction of the cost? They must really suck, another example of why Marshall is behind the times and isn't listening to their market. Have totally given up on them.

/sarcasm