Marshall Origin Series Amplifiers

Ghostman

Reaction score
At least they introduced something different than their current line. Even though it's no where in the realm of an amp I would probably buy.

acidvoodoo

Reaction score
I know it's minor and superficial, but I would have greatly preferred a line of piping across the middle on the front like classic Marshall.
I agree, its that small detail that really ties together the overall look of the plexi headshell. Bogner released his Helios like that and a year or two later added the piping across the front.

The new Origin sounds awesome though!

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
If you (and others) cared enough about where it was made, you just might have the dough to afford one
Not to derail but I see your point, to a point. I suspect a large number of people here, perhaps yourself, buy things online from XYZ retailer. Whether it's made domestically or not, I think buying local from your retailer is the best way to conserve money in a local environment. If they have the goods at a decent price it keeps your local tax base going for your community and in turn, more people have money for the business you run.
With so much electronics being made in Asia, it's very hard to keep buying domestic. At least shop local.

Ghostman

Reaction score
Not to derail but I see your point, to a point. I suspect a large number of people here, perhaps yourself, buy things online from XYZ retailer. Whether it's made domestically or not, I think buying local from your retailer is the best way to conserve money in a local environment. If they have the goods at a decent price it keeps your local tax base going for your community and in turn, more people have money for the business you run.
With so much electronics being made in Asia, it's very hard to keep buying domestic. At least shop local.
We are a global economy. I'd rather pay $500 for an amp head that's made over seas, than $750 for the same product which the company then sends those profits overseas, hands out million dollar bonuses to the Board of Directors, and lays off workers to pad their stock price. :shrug:

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, its that small detail that really ties together the overall look of the plexi headshell. Bogner released his Helios like that and a year or two later added the piping across the front.

The new Origin sounds awesome though!
The string thing was the first thing I noticed as well.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
LOL, not even close.

The Orgin was the last amp Santiago did for Marshall. Its voice is taken from channel two of the never released Satch Combo.

Its a good amp. Spent some time with Santiago today going over it. The power reduction is awesome, it works beautiful. If you like the 2061x you will love the Orgin.

Santiago also seen his line of amps from Harmony launch today, much like a Supro but better. Also his bass amps for Blackstar launched.

My show winner today was a set of three different all valve preamps from Victory...holy shit, Friendman who.
Couple Origin questions, is the footswitch for both the boost and fx loop? Does the JVM foot pedal work with it? How does the 20 watt compare to the 50 watt, does the 50 sound bigger or the same? Is it voiced like an 800 or a plexi?

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I'm not getting the attraction. Do we have sound bytes yet?

I'm not opposed...just want to hear it. Lots of positive comments.
You got Thors Hammer, you got everything, you don't need any other amps! Nothing here to get move along. :applause:

Crunchifyable

Reaction score
I think the problem with the sound demos is they are using crappy speakers (no offense to anyone who likes the Celestion V-types, they just aren't close enough IMO).

I don't like what I hear but I bet if they plugged them into greenbacks or similar or even v30s, the tone would come out.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I'm excited about it, I don't know which one I want, head, combo, 20, 50, even the DSLs look good! I just hope they tonally deliver and the price stays low. :yesway:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
We are a global economy. I'd rather pay $500 for an amp head that's made over seas, than $750 for the same product which the company then sends those profits overseas, hands out million dollar bonuses to the Board of Directors, and lays off workers to pad their stock price. :shrug:
I agree. Exactly. And I'd rather buy it locally from my store that employs people I know from my community rather than online from some huge big box that only hires part time to save holiday pay. Where possible. To keep the money in my community.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
I agree. Exactly. And I'd rather buy it locally from my store that employs people I know from my community rather than online from some huge big box that only hires part time to save holiday pay. Where possible. To keep the money in my community.
I like to buy local too when it's reasonable. The problem for me is mom and pops don't have the selection that I'm looking for. I don't want Squiers and Line 6. And they don't have the buying power or retail headroom to order it for me at a reasonable price. So fuck it. I'm going online or looking used.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I like to buy local too when it's reasonable. The problem for me is mom and pops don't have the selection that I'm looking for. I don't want Squiers and Line 6. And they don't have the buying power or retail headroom to order it for me at a reasonable price. So fuck it. I'm going online or looking used.
We are fortunate to have a good store with lots of selection. Yes, part of a chain. But it keeps the money local, employs local people who shop where I used to work. But if there's nothing, no choice.
Now to the issue at hand. The Origin is a step in the right direction, very cool. I like the changes with the DSL too, they just should be called something different.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
We are fortunate to have a good store with lots of selection. Yes, part of a chain. But it keeps the money local, employs local people who shop where I used to work. But if there's nothing, no choice.
Now to the issue at hand. The Origin is a step in the right direction, very cool. I like the changes with the DSL too, they just should be called something different.
My city has 7 Guitar Centers, a Sam Ash, a few Music Go Rounds, and many many small local shops. I can usually find the basic stuff I want or need locally.

Latest posts