• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall TSL 100 Footswitch

• Thread starter moonska
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

moonska

Reaction score
Hello
Ive had my TSL for a few years now and ive finally decided to sort out the problem with the footswitch. Its nothing major (Ive heard so much bad press about the TSL footswitch)
The reverb LED has a mind of its own, if your on the crunch channel sometimes the light comes on and other times it doesnt, but when you change channel the light 'normally' goes off. It ocasionally flickers on and off aswell, it sounds like a dodgy connection or corroded earth but ive opened up the footswitch and everything looks ok.

Any help would be awesome.

Also is there meant to be a millisecond delay when changing to the clean channel? Im guessing not :hmm:

Cheers
Nick

stryker59

Reaction score
i havent had experience w/ the TSL's but i figured id welcome you to the forum and that'll bump the thread as well!

moonska

Reaction score
i havent had experience w/ the TSL's but i figured id welcome you to the forum and that'll bump the thread as well!

Cheers matey :)
Apparently there shite quality but ive gigged with mine for a few years now and nothings happened to it. Although it did this problem with the LED since day one, which isnt exactly very good :lol:

pavs

Reaction score
Mine is fine!! (3 years now) the only annoying bit is the latency between channels but thats the amp not the switch (I think)

Adwex

Reaction score
My friend has a TSL 60, he doesn't use the footswitch. I tried it once.......ONCE. One of the switches stopped working after one press, and never worked again.

Hoodee

Reaction score
I got a worse problem, but I think what I've found might help you a little bit :
I own a TSL 60 and use a Behringer V-amp connected to the FX loop. One day, the switch just started to go crazy. I figured out that the cable of the switch was "broken" at some point of it's length, especially the one for the fx loop. What i did was to cut out this part of the cable, thus shortening the whole thing for about 1 m.

drolaw

Reaction score
I had the same problem then it turned into the reverb switch wouldn't engage the reverb. I replaced the switch and went over the solder connection with a 25 watt soldering iron just to make sure everything was making contact. That was 2 years ago. I haven't had a problem since.

I think the entire project of replacing the switch and resoldering the joints to the leads and other switchs took 15 minutes tops. Very easy to do.

Big Vern

Reaction score
I have a similar problem now - If I select the FX , it changes the channel :confused:

Incidently, if I dispense with the foot-switch altogether and just run the amp clean (use pedals for dist. etc) how do you engage the fx loop?

Cheers, David

bud

Reaction score
Mine changes channels on it's own. I presumed that it was a break in the cable so I tried to cut out the faulty section of wire.I plugged and unplugged the din plug quiet a few times during this operation which ended up in loosening the din socket which I then had to try and resolder which ended up up a resistor or something in the amp going up in smoke!!

Leadslingingdaddy

Reaction score
Does anyone have an accurate part number and switch type...

Is it a STDP Momentary? Mine works when it wants too... :wtf:

Thanks...

gibson17

Reaction score
Yes, does anyone have the appropriate part numbers for the PC mount switch type. I can tell you that it is NOT SPDT. I bouht some off of ebay that fit and look the same, soldiered them in, and they work, kinda. You have to click them twice to get them to work. So the search is on, cause i have 3 pedals to repair. Thanks

gibson17

Reaction score
Got it. They are indeed SPDT MOMENTARY switches. You can get them on ebay By searching SPDT Momentary 112p. I figured i would come back so the thread had a happy ending!