• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall TSL122 Mainboard Replacement

• Thread starter Aragorn777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn777

Reaction score
Hi guys, greetings from Spain

Yes, another one TSL100/122 board with thermal issue and Bias drift.
I bought my Marshall in 2000 but in the sticker that it's in the back part appears 1998, so i suppose it was the Built year.

I played this amps very few, short times and always at home with low volume. Also i have a Mesa combo that i play more than TSL.

Last week i was playing and noticed that last power tube was near to red, so i checked the Bias and was a nighmare, changing each 5 minutes going higher and higher. The amp was sounding good but with a hum that was increasing in time. I switched off the amp.
The following day i connected the amp but the sound was very weak, having to turn the volume button on clean channel near to half, while the day before i couldn't pass from 2 (lot of volume)

I've read your post and seems to be clearly the mainboard issue, so i asked one to HotroxUK that is going to arrive next week.

I would want to know some important things abour the replacement of the board:

1.- How i can check that there isn't lethal voltage in the components of the board? I've red that has a bleed system that discharge any voltage in a period of 1 hour with the amp disconnected. Is it true? HOw can i check it?
Other messages say things about sandblock R71 and connecting a cable from each "feet" to chassis. I don't know....

2.- Any advice about the work of changing the board. I'll appreciate a lot.

Thanks for this forum