Marshall Valvestate VS102R issues

• Thread starter charvel2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

charvel2

Reaction score
Hi Gang,
First time on the forum. I have a Marshall Valvestate VS102R that doesn't
sound to shabby when everything works properly. I'm experiencing the following issuses:
1) Constant hum that seems a bit louder on OD 2 channel

2) Clean channel will get fizzy out of the blue and also LOUD.

3) The OD 1 channel will start soundy like a crappy AM radio after a certain amount of time and it can vary. Will also get Loud and volume knob will not
reduce volume(vary strange)

4) The Reverb knob/knobs will effect volume.

I'm almost thinking of buying a used head and using this as a speaker cabinet.
The Marshall/Celestion speakers sound pretty good to my ears. Anyone ever try this? Rock ON!!!!!! I MISS MY JCM800's!! Thanks

AXEL

Reaction score
I have a VS65R that worked great for years. I suddenly developed a problem where after a short while it would start to cut in and out. I removed the chassis from the cab and played it for hours without any problems. When I put it back together the problem was back. I have to conclude it's a bad solder joint or PC board problem which is sensitive to vibration. I re-soldered every connection I could but the problem is still there. Solution; I cut the cab down from a combo to a head. Looks great, works perfectly! It actually makes the perfect backup amp now since it's small, light and good enought to finish a gig with in the event my main amp goes down.