Mc412

• Thread starter racko7566
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

racko7566

Reaction score
Okay, I have the guitar, amp, and tubes I like the most. Now to finish my tone search for now I'd like to upgrade my speakers. My question is, would I be wasting my time putting v 30's in the cheap cab or would it still sound much better than the rocket 50's? And should I just save for a 60 cab then buy speakers? PS. I usually never get above 4 on the volume because of bitchy nieghbors.:mad:

thrawn86

Reaction score
You'll never go wrong by getting a 1960 cab. The more you try to avoid it, the more you'll realize that you should have. They are far superior to the MC line. Then if you want to swap speakers out, go for it. My theory is that you can always swap nice speakers into a cheap cab, but it's like putting fine champainge into wax paper cups....you still get the flavor, but something just doesn't seem right.

Just my opinion, as always. :)

racko7566

Reaction score
You'll never go wrong by getting a 1960 cab. The more you try to avoid it, the more you'll realize that you should have. They are far superior to the MC line. Then if you want to swap speakers out, go for it. My theory is that you can always swap nice speakers into a cheap cab, but it's like putting fine champainge into wax paper cups....you still get the flavor, but something just doesn't seem right.

Just my opinion, as always. :)

Thats my gut feeling, I just love the sound clips of the v30's. Guess Ill try and find an empty 60 cab. I need to learn some damn patience. Thanks for your input Thrawn.

thrawn86

Reaction score
Even if you can't find an empty one, you could haggle someone down for one loaded with 75's for now, then you could buy V30 or Greenback clones from Warehouse Speakers. And you could always sell off the 75's for a little bit of offset.

JohnH

Reaction score
You could also get those V30's or clones now, put them in the MC cab, then one day when a perfect old beat up 1960 turns up, put the rocket speakers back in the MC cab to sell it, and your V30's in the 1960, and also sell whatever was in the 1960 . Nothing is lost.

donkost

Reaction score
Just a thought- get a set of 4 Hellatone 60 speakers for $349 in your MC cab. These are Celestion Vintage 30's which are broken in for 15 hours and sold under the Hellatone brand name, hence the lower price. Go to Avatar Speakers and click on the Hellatone link to check it out. I live about 30 minutes away from you, so if you do it I might ask to stop by for a listen. :naughty:

racko7566

Reaction score
Just a thought- get a set of 4 Hellatone 60 speakers for $349 in your MC cab. These are Celestion Vintage 30's which are broken in for 15 hours and sold under the Hellatone brand name, hence the lower price. Go to Avatar Speakers and click on the Hellatone link to check it out. I live about 30 minutes away from you, so if you do it I might ask to stop by for a listen. :naughty:

if I do Ill let you know.

Latest posts