Metallica Calls it quits

• Thread starter carnada
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

carnada

Reaction score
James Hetfield: 'It's Come To That Time; We Can't Be Metallica Anymore' | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Despite the recent talks of a new album and 3D movie, Metallica’s James Hetfield has officially announced that Metallica, the world’s biggest heavy metal band, has called it quits.

In an official statement from Hetfield on behalf of the entire group, Hetfield revealed the factors that contributed to this surprising decision: "We’ve been doing this for 30 years. At a certain point, we all realized we wanted to explore new territories musically. The project with Lou Reed [”Lulu”] seemed to awaken a desire to move onto new musical horizons. It’s come to that time; we can’t be Metallica anymore. But fear not, you’ll be hearing new music from each of us in the future."

Plans for said musical projects from each band member remain speculative; however, each member of Metallica has announced tentative plans for what’s in store for them musically in the coming months.

Hetfield, admittedly inspired by his onstage reunion with former Metallica guitarist, Dave Mustaine, has expressed desire to start a new group with the Megadeth frontman. Commenting on this, Dave Mustaine says, "I’ll have to think about it." No word yet on who would fill in the bass and drum slots. Hetfield has admitted to having a strong respect for keyboardist **** from Children of Bodom, which could be a possibility.

Lars Ulrich, when asked what he plans to do, expressed desires to work alongside Marylin Manson. "I’ve been drawn more to the artistic side of heavy metal - with a guy like Manson, I think I’ll be satisfied artistically. We’ve gotten together a few times and thrown some ideas around."

Bassist Robert Trujillo has issued some rather undiplomatic statements, calling Lars a "tool" and Hetfield a "control freak." Trujillo plans on returning to his previous band, Suicidal Tendencies.

This news comes as a surprise to fans eager to hear the follow up to their 2008 return-to-form album, "Death Magnetic." Although the ill-fated album with the Velvet Underground’s Lou Reed seemed to foreshadow a mid-life crisis for the metal giants.

However, Lou Reed still remains in the Metallica circle; it is rumored that Metallica lead guitarist, Kirk Hammet, will team up with Reed for a concept album that explores the dynamic range of his favorite electric guitar effect- the wah pedal. "The wah pedal is pure expression, much like Lou Reed’s voice. Everything on the album - percussion, vocals, guitars, bass - will go through a wah pedal."

We at UG are certainly surprised to hear of this news. Metallica will always be remembered as one of the most influential metal bands of all time. This is quite the way to begin the month of April...

Redders

Reaction score
brutha be trollin'

trollface.jpg

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
However, Lou Reed still remains in the Metallica circle; it is rumored that Metallica lead guitarist, Kirk Hammet, will team up with Reed for a concept album that explores the dynamic range of his favorite electric guitar effect- the wah pedal. "The wah pedal is pure expression, much like Lou Reed’s voice. Everything on the album - percussion, vocals, guitars, bass - will go through a wah pedal."

hahahahahahahahaha

:lol::lol:

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
and it has to be all wah?! Kirk Hamett and Mark Tremonti BOTH RUINED the wah for me and Kirk wants to take it further?! That's the only thing that bothers me here:(

X2203xman

Reaction score
I know it's bullshit,but please let Mustain blow the doors off kirk...please...a lot of my friends bash me for 'dissn kirk..hiding behind his wah....Kirk never should have been,they outed Mustain for booze for crying out loud....booze!

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought something was funny when the Manson thing was mentioned, almost would have believed it until I read the part about the wah pedal. LoL. Nice one.

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's bullshit,but please let Mustain blow the doors off kirk...please...a lot of my friends bash me for 'dissn kirk..hiding behind his wah....Kirk never should have been,they outed Mustain for booze for crying out loud....booze!

They didn't out him for drinkin booze they outed him cos it got .in the way of the band. There is a difference.