Midi

meeks

Reaction score
Hi.
i didn’t see a suitable specific forum so I just drop this here.

I use Code 50 for training with cover band and just got to know the Songbook Pro app. It appears the app can control midi compatible amps via Bluetooth from iPad. But like the guys at the lms are lost concerning a suitable midi Bluetooth adapter. I wonder if anyone has an idea what could work? I’ve heard about widi but thought to check first…

thanks,

>m

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi.
i didn’t see a suitable specific forum so I just drop this here.

I use Code 50 for training with cover band and just got to know the Songbook Pro app. It appears the app can control midi compatible amps via Bluetooth from iPad. But like the guys at the lms are lost concerning a suitable midi Bluetooth adapter. I wonder if anyone has an idea what could work? I’ve heard about widi but thought to check first…

thanks,

>m
I don't think the CODE amps can be controlled with MIDI commands.
Are you wanting to remotely select a preset?
You can control the CODE amps remotely with the Gateway app on an Android/Apple device via Bluetooth.
The Gateway app can change everything but the master volume.
There's also the 4-button footswitch that can select the first 30 presets, and also turn some effects on/off.

meeks

Reaction score
Yeah of course I know this, gateway is a fantastic tool to figure out good presets across the room. But what I’m after is a piece of hardware that would make songbook pro to communicate with the amp. A pal of mine is using Helix with SBP which automatically changes the preset when choosing a song from the list. SBP on his iPad sends a command to midi device via Bluetooth to change the preset. That’s pretty awesome!
So I’m looking for Bluetooth hardware talking with code….

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pal of mine is using Helix with SBP which automatically changes the preset when choosing a song from the list. SBP on his iPad sends a command to midi device via Bluetooth to change the preset. That’s pretty awesome!
The Helix is changing presets on a CODE?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

meeks

Reaction score
The Helix is changing presets on a CODE?
This I don’t know.

Anyway, SBP there is a long list of commands to communicate to an amp, predefined in the menu to obey a simple up/down logic.
1711182992902.png