MikeH from Canada

• Thread starter MJH1970
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MJH1970

Reaction score
Hello,

New member to forum. Long time guitar player (1984], long time lover of Marshalls (got my first in 1987, a JCM800 1/2 stack 50w that I wish I still had ).
Over the years I have had a number of different kinds or Marshall amps, both tube and solid state (don’t shoot me, I like them).
Recently started looking at reaquiring some older models, as many of my favourite ones are no longer in my possession as life and priorities change over the years.
This forum often comes up in my search results when I am looking for information about models, manuals, etc.
Seems like a good idea to join and participate.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
:welcome:to the forum...

I think that's how many end up here. Many searches on Marshall amp's lead you here, then, after reading, you end up joining. That's how I ended up here, many years ago...

:cheers:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Hello,

New member to forum. Long time guitar player (1984], long time lover of Marshalls (got my first in 1987, a JCM800 1/2 stack 50w that I wish I still had ).
Over the years I have had a number of different kinds or Marshall amps, both tube and solid state (don’t shoot me, I like them).
Recently started looking at reaquiring some older models, as many of my favourite ones are no longer in my possession as life and priorities change over the years.
This forum often comes up in my search results when I am looking for information about models, manuals, etc.
Seems like a good idea to join and participate.
Good day, eh? Welcome to the forum! It is great to have someone from the Great White North join up, especially during winter when the snowplows can be so unreliable. ;)

Sounds like you had some great gear! In what part of Canada do you live? If you're close enough to the border, it might be more cost effective to drive down to buy stuff in the States. What are you planning to reacquire?

The usual questions people ask are, what kind of music do you play, what kind of guitars, and in what context? That is, do you play in a band, just play at home, do gigs, etc.

We don't shoot members who play solid state, but we do recommend counseling...

Whatever you play, you're gonna like the forum!