MINT Peavey Invective 120w head w/ 10-button footswitch

Stratocaster or Les Paul... If you could only play ONE for the rest of your life, which would it be?

• Total voters

cmsaw83

Reaction score
Hey Marshall Forum. I just moved into a new place with my girl about 2 months ago. The new place does not allow me the opportunity to play using my tube amps like I could before. I have a Captor 16 and a CAB M+ which provides me the ability to play/record silently using my tube amps, but I can't justify keeping all my rigs/gear while I am no longer able to crank them up and jam.

So, I have a few that I am going to sell eventually, but I figure I'll begin with the very largest ones first.

Peavey Invective 120 watt Tube Amplifier Head FOR SALE

120 watts- Powered by FOUR J.J. 6L6GC power tubes (power section of the amp has bias test *different tubes can be used in place of points and bias adjust pots)
the 6L6GCs that come in the amp from
the factory. EL34, 6550, KT66, KT88,
and 6CA7 are all tube types that can be
used in the Invective 120.*

Preamp section has SIX J.J.- 12AX7A/ECC83 preamp tubes

I bought this amp brand new from Sweetwater in April of this year (2021) and I have played it and done some recording with it, but it has stayed indoors, in ONE space on a stand I made for it in my home studio/ music room, and it has been played NO MORE than 40 hours total (actual hours lower than that, just using a more than fair estimate of time in an effort to give as honest a description of the amp as is possible.) So this amp has barely even been properly broken in yet. The tubes in this amp will be good for at LEAST a year or more, and this amp itself is built like a tank and will quite possibly last forever, even if someone purchases it with the intent to gig with it.

It is 100% functional and there is not a single blemish or scratch or scuff on the tolex (or anywhere else) ANYWHERE. This Invective looks AND functions exactly the same way it did when I took it out of the box this past April.

Invective .FS 10-button (MIDI capable) footswitch is included. Footswitch is 100% functional and in perfect cosmetic condition with no scratches or damage what so ever. Footswitch comes loaded with 10 factory presets, but these presets can be changed at anytime and customized/personalized to exact user specifications. Footswitch operates in 2 different modes "Normal" and "Preset". Normal mode allows user to switch between 3 channels, turn Preset Mode ON/OFF, engage/disengage effects loop 1, engage/disengage effects loop 2, engage/disengage Noise Gate (Ch 2 & 3 only), access MIDI capabilities, engage/disengage drive boost (per channel), engage/disengage Master Boost (Global), also the footswitch can be used to edit/save presets.

Invective 120 watt Tube Amplifier Features:

* Three Channels
* Preamp gain boost with gain and tone controls on clean Ch 1
* Preamp boost with Level and Tone controls on Crunch and Lead Ch 2 & 3
* Input Gate on Crunch Ch2 and Lead Ch3
* Master Volume and Master Boost
* Resonance and Presence power amp damping controls
* MSDI direct out with level and tone controls
* Two switchable effects loops
* Footswitch/ MIDI In and MIDI Out jack
* Auxiliary 9VDC power supplies (on back of amp for clean power to pedals)
* 120W (RMS) into 4, 8, or 16 Ohms (selectable impedance)
* Half-Power switch (120 to 50 watts)
* 10-button footswitch included
* Full set of current-based bias test points for easy troubleshooting
* Paralleled 1/4 inch mono (TS) jacks for connection of speaker enclosures
* FULL Peavey Invective 120 Amplifier Head Operating Manual Included

I bought this amplifier brand new back in April of this year 2021 from Sweetwater for $1799.99. That was the listed price before tax was calculated. Sweetwater, and any other music shop is still advertising and selling these amps for that same price. If I had known I was going to end up moving where I have, I would have returned the amp for a full refund of my money, or possibly just decided against purchasing it in the first place. But I have had the amp for a period of time that has put me past the date when I might have returned it. I am not asking $1800 for this amp. I am also not keeping the amp. I love this amplifier more than any of the other amplifiers I own, but it's just too big for my living situation. Rather than see it sit around and collect dust, I would prefer to see someone buy it for a fair price and get some enjoyment out of it.

I WILL NOT ENTERTAIN RIDICULOUS/ DISRESPECTFUL Lo-Ball offers, so please do not contact me with such inquiries.

I am asking $1250 for this amplifier... I have gone ahead and decided to list the amp at such a price in an effort to minimize unnecessary inquiries and haggling. Also, I would sincerely like to see someone buy the amp and be able to crank it up and jam and enjoy it the way that it was intended to be played. A piece of gear like this is not meant to be left on a shelf to collect dust and never make a sound.

*Also, $1250 is my price, that does not include shipping should you be located in an area other than my local, I will be willing to safely and securely pack the amplifier and take it to a UPS store or FedEx location and ship it to you, but ultimately shipping will be at the purchasers expense. Shipping IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE PRICE. Should an individual decide they would like to buy the amplifier and need it shipped, I will get an acurate price for shipping cost based on purchasers location and item size and weight, and that price will be added onto the $1250.00 sale price of the amplifier.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THIS KILLER AMP, PLEASE SEND ME A PERSONAL/DIRECT MESSAGE. I WILL RESPOND TO ANY MESSASGES AS QUICKLY AS I AM ABLE GIVEN MY SCHEDULE. I do work a full time job and my wife and I are raising a 6 month old daughter and a 4 year old son. While it is my sincere intention to sell this amp as quickly and as painlessly as is humanly possible, the sale of this amp is by no means my top priority or even close. I work hard and alot of hours, and my family is my number one prioroty, followed by my job as it provides my consistent income. I am human and I will do my very best if you are interested, to return your messages as quickly and promptly as I am able based on what my circumstances allow. Thanks in advance for your time, interest, and consideration. I really hope I will get the opportunity to let this amp go to someone who will have the proper surroundings to be able to enjoy this awesome amplifier the way it is supposed to be played!! LLLOOOUUUDDDD!!!!!

guitar#108 (2).jpg guitar#110 (2).jpg guitar#106.jpg guitar stuff #30-2.jpg guitar stuff #27-2.jpg

cmsaw83

Reaction score
Curious - why the poll question? I voted for a Strat for the record.

GLWS!

I couldn't even answer that myself. I'd never seen that on any forum before, so I guess I just figured WTH. Hence the poll question that every guitarist knows is one of the single greatest questions anyone could ever ask a guitarist. That question has been a question for literally just about as long as there have been electric guitars. I don't think it will ever NOT be a thing. lol

cmsaw83

Reaction score
Post this over on https://www.sevenstring.org and it'll be sold by the end of the day.

Thanks Iron1... I am a member over at SevenString too (don't have a seven string, but I highly doubt I'm the only one) Don't know why I hadn't thought of that. I guess I'm just over here and at the Seymour Duncan forums mostly. I appreciate that, because if there's one place that amp would be right up EVERYONE's ally, it will be there

Latest posts