• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Modding a YJM100???

• Thread starter DWK302
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DWK302

Reaction score
So I've had my YJM for a little over a month now. It's simply amazing. Every time I plug in, I'm still surprised at how beautiful it sounds (btw - I'm plugging in straight to the top left input w the bass rolled back. I stopped jumping the channels and it still has plenty of gain w/o the gain switch engaged). In any event, I would like a dedicated clean channel because I want to run my new fuzz pedal thought it (seriously special twosome), and play clean blues at volume once in a while w/o any breakup or the OD kicking in. It's the amps fault. It makes me do it!! It's clean tones w the reverb engaged are incredible.

Is this blasphemy?! Anyone done something like this?

Marival

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it.

Amps like these aren't supposed to have a ''dedicated clean channel''.

They are, however, perfectly capable of producing lovely cleans even with the channels jumped and both volumes on 10/10. Simply turn down the guitar volume. In your case, I'm not sure how the weaker guitar signal would impact your fuzz pedal, though.

For what you want, I'd say a DSL or even a JVM is more applicable.

Mat_P

Reaction score
Don't know about modding the amp but how about rolling back the volume on you Les Pauls to about 3 for cleans with the YJM's volume 1 not past 6 or 7? Works great for me.
Not sure what pots and pickups your Traditional has (300k probably?), but a good set of 500K CTS pots should work great.
Other than that, how about robbing the bank and getting another YJM? :thumb::headbanger:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If you want a clean channel for using a separate OD/Fuzz, get a 2nd amp, IMO. ABY boxes can be found for pretty cheap.

Maybe get a used DSL or JCM900 and use it's clean channel.

rjtm

Reaction score
Yeah if you want a different clean channel just use dynamics and your volume knob. When I play in a band situation I have my OD usually on, and then I turn it off and use the volume knobs to get a clean sound. I wouldnt mod a YJM just for a clean channel.

Username2

Reaction score
The YJM is pretty modded up as it is. Any change to it would also change everything else and probably not for the better.

I absolutely would steer clear of modding a amp like that. There are others ways so accomplish what you want to do without modding the amp.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've had my YJM for a little over a month now. It's simply amazing. Every time I plug in, I'm still surprised at how beautiful it sounds (btw - I'm plugging in straight to the top left input w the bass rolled back. I stopped jumping the channels and it still has plenty of gain w/o the gain switch engaged). In any event, I would like a dedicated clean channel because I want to run my new fuzz pedal thought it (seriously special twosome), and play clean blues at volume once in a while w/o any breakup or the OD kicking in. It's the amps fault. It makes me do it!! It's clean tones w the reverb engaged are incredible.

Is this blasphemy?! Anyone done something like this?

you_are_about_to_make_a_mistake.jpg

:eek:

DWK302

Reaction score
If you want a clean channel for using a separate OD/Fuzz, get a 2nd amp, IMO. ABY boxes can be found for pretty cheap.

Maybe get a used DSL or JCM900 and use it's clean channel.

Please don't give me any more ideas. I'm just starting to off my GAS after getting the YJM.

John 14:6

Reaction score
If I were you I would buy a cheap used amp for clean stuff and leave the YJM100 stock, but it's your amp so can you turn it into flower pot or do anything you want with it. Maybe you can take a can of spray paint to the museum after that and "mod" some other works of art.:)

mAx___

Reaction score
I'd like to use this opportunity to ask if anybody has layouts or schematics of the YJM100?

drewz120

Reaction score
I agree, unless you have the cash and have a spare YJM I wouldn't mess with it.