Modding footswitch for loop functions

• Thread starter Pat6969
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat6969

Reaction score
So, I've been thinking about this for a while and thought I would pose the question here.

I am currently running a Mesa Dual Rec with a G-system. I love the G but really don't use it much. I use a couple effects in the loop and a OD up front. What I'd like to do is mod the footswitch with a loop that engages when I step on either Channel 2 or 3 to allow the OD through the front and disengages when I step on channel 1(clean). Since the footswitch has an effects loop button I can turn my effects on and off in the loop with that.

Is this possible or am I dreaming?

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
So, I've been thinking about this for a while and thought I would pose the question here.

I am currently running a Mesa Dual Rec with a G-system. I love the G but really don't use it much. I use a couple effects in the loop and a OD up front. What I'd like to do is mod the footswitch with a loop that engages when I step on either Channel 2 or 3 to allow the OD through the front and disengages when I step on channel 1(clean). Since the footswitch has an effects loop button I can turn my effects on and off in the loop with that.

Is this possible or am I dreaming?

Yes it is possible but there needs to be a (theoretical) mixer circuit for channels 2,3 and additional switching functions added to the switching functions that are already existing.

Still Possible.
It would be somewhat complicated and time consuming to do that.
There would probably be an extra little circuit board added, and the inside of the amp is already very crowded and compact.
The circuit would be modified, that's for sure.
The effects OD pedal would be modified too, with some type of external switching device...

Pat6969

Reaction score
Yes it is possible but there needs to be a (theoretical) mixer circuit for channels 2,3 and additional switching functions added to the switching functions that are already existing.

Still Possible.
It would be somewhat complicated and time consuming to do that.
There would probably be an extra little circuit board added, and the inside of the amp is already very crowded and compact.
The circuit would be modified, that's for sure.
The effects OD pedal would be modified too, with some type of external switching device...

I was hoping to do this on the actual 6 button Dual Rec. footswitch. Install an in and out jack with another 2 jacks to loop the OD through when I press either channel 2 or three and disengage when I press channel 1.