My Frank Levi Modded 1989 JCM800 2203

• Thread starter sonnyksac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sonnyksac

Reaction score
I bought this amplifier in 2008 and sent it to Frank. I found him in NY by doing research on this board....

I got the amp back...it was awesome. Then life happened and its been sitting in storage for about 8 years. I took it out recently but had to have a bunch of work done to it for it to power up.

Got it back yesterday.

This f'ing amp sounds INCREDIBLE. No pedals needed. Incredible.

Just wanted to share!

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I bought this amplifier in 2008 and sent it to Frank. I found him in NY by doing research on this board....

I got the amp back...it was awesome. Then life happened and its been sitting in storage for about 8 years. I took it out recently but had to have a bunch of work done to it for it to power up.

Got it back yesterday.

Just wanted to share!
Sharing how incredible something "sounds" is best done with some clips, at least for me.

anitoli

Reaction score
Interesting, my 2203x had a little thing written in sharpie on the metal shield in the chassis that says Levi #34 mod RJS Amplification. Maybe thats why it sounds so good?

full

herbvis

Reaction score

Got it back yesterday.

Just wanted to share!
Gutshots!

sonnyksac

Reaction score
Interesting, my 2203x had a little thing written in sharpie on the metal shield in the chassis that says Levi #34 mod RJS Amplification. Maybe thats why it sounds so good?

full

On mine he had a sticker...so maybe this was a mod done at RSJ and they copied FRank's #34? As long as it sounds good who cares right!