• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

My Original Music

Eric'45

Reaction score
Hi my fellow MF'ers!

this will be the thread where I share my original Songs. I'm currently searching through the countless unfinished riff ideas and song ideas that have accumulated on my HDD. Everytime I finish a new thing up, I will upload it here, for you all to make fun of me šŸ˜‰
I'd like to discuss with you what you like, what you don't like, or talk about recording techniques and the like.

Anyway, here's my first thing.

All Instruments played by me.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi my fellow MF'ers!

this will be the thread where I share my original Songs. I'm currently searching through the countless unfinished riff ideas and song ideas that have accumulated on my HDD. Everytime I finish a new thing up, I will upload it here, for you all to make fun of me šŸ˜‰
I'd like to discuss with you what you like, what you don't like, or talk about recording techniques and the like.

Anyway, here's my first thing.

All Instruments played by me.

Sounds really good, and like a lot of time an work went into it, post some of your riff ideas in the thread ,,
Show me your riffs.
I post a lot of unpolished crap in there.

Thanks
Mitch

Eric'45

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys,
I do this mainly for my own pleasure, and if someone else likes it, that's even better.
Sounds really good, and like a lot of time an work went into it, post some of your riff ideas in the thread ,,
Show me your riffs.
I post a lot of unpolished crap in there.
Yes, I should do that more frequently. I will do that more frequently.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys,
I do this mainly for my own pleasure, and if someone else likes it, that's even better.

Yes, I should do that more frequently. I will do that more frequently.
Thanks thatā€™s great, the more participants the better the thread, and variety

Eric'45

Reaction score
Liked it, lack of lyrics always a problem.

What amp did you use, what other devices

were needed to transport us into this new

realm?
Not only lack of lyrics, also lack of talent- I really can't sing for shit šŸ˜„

Rhythm Tacks were recorded with my good old DSL40C (Stock 70/80 Speaker for that recording, no external Cab)
For the Lead I used the Diezel VH2 through an Orange Cab. Both Amps were miced with a Sennheiser E906.
The Guitars I played were my Les Paul R8 and my BC Rich Mockingbird. Easy to guess which one was used for what Track- if you hear Whammy Bar, then it's the Bird.
Synthie things were played on the Moog Subsequent 37.
Bass lines were recorded with a gorgeous Rickenbacker 4003- Unfortunately not mine, I borrowed it.
The rest is digital stuff- some free String thing VST in the background, and the Addictive Drums plug-in.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only lack of lyrics, also lack of talent- I really can't sing for shit šŸ˜„

Rhythm Tacks were recorded with my good old DSL40C (Stock 70/80 Speaker for that recording, no external Cab)
For the Lead I used the Diezel VH2 through an Orange Cab. Both Amps were miced with a Sennheiser E906.
The Guitars I played were my Les Paul R8 and my BC Rich Mockingbird. Easy to guess which one was used for what Track- if you hear Whammy Bar, then it's the Bird.
Synthie things were played on the Moog Subsequent 37.
Bass lines were recorded with a gorgeous Rickenbacker 4003- Unfortunately not mine, I borrowed it.
The rest is digital stuff- some free String thing VST in the background, and the Addictive Drums plug-in.

Lack of lyrics doesn't bother me.

> I'd like to discuss with you what you like, what you don't like
I like you showing us what you recorded.
For what it's worth I thought this piece belonged in a stage musical. Perhaps that's because it's not a song with lyrics: it gives the impression that it's meant to go with some on-stage action.

Eric'45

Reaction score
For what it's worth I thought this piece belonged in a stage musical. Perhaps that's because it's not a song with lyrics: it gives the impression that it's meant to go with some on-stage action.
Yeah, I get that. My music also shows I'm more of an introverted person. As much as I love drinking with friends, having a good time, and all the other rock'n'roll stuff that goes with it, so many songs have already been written about that. That particular piece doesn't show it much, but generally I belong into the Metal/ Hardrock Corner- with a touch of 70's Prog and a focus on composition and arrangements, instead of shredding solos.
Like not a few other metal musicians, I have an interest in history and mythology, and things like that inspire me. Here in Germany, we have many places with traces from antique times, and when I go hiking in the forest, for example, I get Inspiration for music like this.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that. My music also shows I'm more of an introverted person. As much as I love drinking with friends, having a good time, and all the other rock'n'roll stuff that goes with it, so many songs have already been written about that. That particular piece doesn't show it much, but generally I belong into the Metal/ Hardrock Corner- with a touch of 70's Prog and a focus on composition and arrangements, instead of shredding solos.
Like not a few other metal musicians, I have an interest in history and mythology, and things like that inspire me. Here in Germany, we have many places with traces from antique times, and when I go hiking in the forest, for example, I get Inspiration for music like this.
Just listened again:
You have a folky/march rhythm at the beginning - it goes with your 'history and mythology' notion.
Also, the guitar at the start sounds really good to me.
I had not previously noticed you are from Germany: this reminds me that I am in a very young country. We don't really have human traditions that trace back for many centuries. On the other hand some of the forests - even on my own land - feel and look very untouched and prehistoric.

Eric'45

Reaction score
Also, the guitar at the start sounds really good to me.
That's my Les Paul through Channel 1 of the Diezel VH2- People stuff the Diezels into the Hard'NHeavy category all the Time, but they started off as modded Marshalls and have beautiful Clean and Crunch tones also. So great and versatile Amps.
I'd love to visit New Zealand one day- you shurely have some beautiful Landscapes.

aikiguy

Reaction score
It has a bit of a Trans-Siberian vibe to meā€¦ very cool, and I think if you got these melodies in front of the right people, I think they would be listening to it.

Jubilant

Reaction score
I grew up listening to the shrapnel artists
Like Jason Becker and Vinnie Moore so instrumental music is fine with me.I like the originality of your song more than anything.Stick with that itā€™s really good!
The only spot in the recording I thought the melody could be louder was the first main hard rock section.The melody was a little buried otherwise it was all good.Thanks for sharing.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Liked it. Cool vibe and despite being an instrumental didn't get boring.
First heavy section was very Slash-esque both in tone and style. šŸ™‚šŸ‘

Latest posts