NAD - JVM410HJS

• Thread starter Willsy182
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Willsy182

Reaction score
Hi all,

Added to the collection today, managed to find a JVM410HJS in Australia, pretty rare here. I’ve been keen on finding one for a long time, as I’ve had my standard JVM410H since they released in 2007 and it’s been at every gig I’ve ever played, so I know it really well and have loved it.

I’m super keen to get stuck into these properly side by side to really hear the differences, but the quick run through I had the crunch channel is very different and the OD channels are certainly less gainy and a bit smoother.

Prob don’t need both of these monsters, but you only live once!

5EA2D28A-84AF-4255-B3B4-8701026A9FF0.jpeg

renips

Reaction score
Congrats on the new amp. I had the the JVM 410 and sold it for the HJS410. It is my favorite amp. The integrated noise gates are a major improvement over the JVM410. The channel voiceings are more to my liking as well. Now if Marshall can finally make a 20 watt version of the JVM I would certainly buy one. The flagship amp should available in a smaller package like all the other amps. It’s been 17 years since it’s release. An updated version is way overdue. Enjoy the new amp

Willsy182

Reaction score
Congrats on the new amp. I had the the JVM 410 and sold it for the HJS410. It is my favorite amp. The integrated noise gates are a major improvement over the JVM410. The channel voiceings are more to my liking as well. Now if Marshall can finally make a 20 watt version of the JVM I would certainly buy one. The flagship amp should available in a smaller package like all the other amps. It’s been 17 years since it’s release. An updated version is way overdue. Enjoy the new amp
The noise gates are excellent, I was a bit surprised at how well they work. And it is only early, but there’s something about the ‘feel’, for want of a better word, snout this amp, it feels super dynamic, and I’m loving every tone with every guitar I’ve run through it so far. I’m actually a bit worried my trusty standard JVM will gather dust!

Kuga

Reaction score
HNAD! Congrats! Great amp. I love mine. It's the best amp I own.

Trouble Free

Reaction score
HNAD it's a great amp, I agree with the other guys............. it is so much better then the regular JVM

jaallen

Reaction score
Congrats! I seriously love mine, I was lucky and snagged mine right before the pandemic. Nice score. Was going to ask how much $ it nailed you, but that really doesn't matter for the 410HJS I think.

renips

Reaction score
The noise gates are excellent, I was a bit surprised at how well they work. And it is only early, but there’s something about the ‘feel’, for want of a better word, snout this amp, it feels super dynamic, and I’m loving every tone with every guitar I’ve run through it so far. I’m actually a bit worried my trusty standard JVM will gather dust!
Another great point about the gates are that each channel has one which makes them very versatile in the amp as a whole. The amp is dead quiet compared to JVM410.

Willsy182

Reaction score
Congrats! I seriously love mine, I was lucky and snagged mine right before the pandemic. Nice score. Was going to ask how much $ it nailed you, but that really doesn't matter for the 410HJS I think.
$2500 AUD, which compared to what was on Reverb as my only guide was a fair price, they’ve been going for around $4k here

spacerocker

Reaction score
I bought one last summer! I already had two modified JVMs - a 410H and a 205C. The both sound better (to me at least) than the stock amps, and are closer to the JS in some respects (e.g. more gain on the Crunch Channel) - but the JS just sounds right as standard! If this had been the first JVM I bought, I wouldn't have gone down the modding route...

The plan was to sell one of the other two JVMs - but for now, they're staying because 1) I have to be sure before selling anything (have had one or two things I regretted selling...), and 2) I am not desperate for the money at this point....Howver, the more I play through the HJS, the more I find the normal amps rather thin and lacking in punch...

The JVM is smoother, more musical sounding and seems to sit better in a band mix. The Crunch channel is massively better than the stock JVM, having more gain (more gain stages are used) and a fuller, crisper sound. I also prefer the OD channels on the JVM. They don't have as much gain as the stock JVMs, but I see this as a positive! There was always a kind of blanket of Schhhcccczzzzz over the OD channels of the std JVM, even after mods - but it's just not there on the JS!

NumbSkull

Reaction score
I just played my JVM410 C for the first time yesterday.
Very happy with it, so many settings and channels and so many great tones.
Tried it with an OD Fuzz and Reverb, found so many settings with great tones that were easy to find.
Too loud for me but thats fine, it adds a sense of fear and caution that adds to the excitement.
Its like having a gun or a fast car, you never expect to use it but its nice to know you have it.

giblesp

Reaction score
Now if Marshall can finally make a 20 watt version of the JVM I would certainly buy one. The flagship amp should available in a smaller package like all the other amps. It’s been 17 years since it’s release. An updated version is way overdue. Enjoy the new amp
Why though? On the 50 watt version the Master is so good, you can play at 70-80db. That's pretty good for a big amp. In fact, I found it better at low volumes than a 20 watt Jubilee Studio.

There is no need to crank the amp for gain.

A 20 watt version would lose bass and headroom, and probably not be noticeably better at low volumes.
Zero advantage at drumming level or louder, these amps were actually meant to be played.

There's a JVM 1 watt head and combo, though I've never tried them.

NumbSkull

Reaction score
I have the JCM and JTM 1 watt amps , they are good at bedroom levels but the JVM 410 sounds bigger and badder.
Also I have the JVM combo, the speaker is better than the 1 watt speakers by a lot.
The 1 Watt amps do have a lot of plusses, they sound good, dont take so much space, are easier to move and probably wont get you evicted. But the JVM can do a lot of things they cant even try to do.

Willsy182

Reaction score
I bought one last summer! I already had two modified JVMs - a 410H and a 205C. The both sound better (to me at least) than the stock amps, and are closer to the JS in some respects (e.g. more gain on the Crunch Channel) - but the JS just sounds right as standard! If this had been the first JVM I bought, I wouldn't have gone down the modding route...

The plan was to sell one of the other two JVMs - but for now, they're staying because 1) I have to be sure before selling anything (have had one or two things I regretted selling...), and 2) I am not desperate for the money at this point....Howver, the more I play through the HJS, the more I find the normal amps rather thin and lacking in punch...

The JVM is smoother, more musical sounding and seems to sit better in a band mix. The Crunch channel is massively better than the stock JVM, having more gain (more gain stages are used) and a fuller, crisper sound. I also prefer the OD channels on the JVM. They don't have as much gain as the stock JVMs, but I see this as a positive! There was always a kind of blanket of Schhhcccczzzzz over the OD channels of the std JVM, even after mods - but it's just not there on the JS!
Couldn’t agree more mate, that’s exactly how I feel about mine.

Willsy182

Reaction score

Couldn’t agree more mate, that’s exactly how I feel about mine