NAD! (new to me) 5210 50w SS, my first Marshall

ADOLF1612

Reaction score
NAD, it was actually a week ago but just today after servicing it and swapping a new speaker in I can say I'm loving my first Marshall, a new to me 5210 1x12 SS combo that I got for 30$ US! they call it a solid state 'JCM-800' and now I see why, this amp is amazing! It has exactly the tone I've been chasing all my guitar playing life, while being loud enough, portable, and also looks great! Can't ask for more!

Swapped the stock speaker (Celestion G12M-70), for a brand new G12T-75, to me it's unmistakably Marshall from the very first note, sounds absolutely amazing with it, and it Loves OD/Dist pedals

Serial # is 09750R on the faceplate, from what I could find on the web that number dates it all the way back to 1983 right? if these were first released in 1984 then that means it could be a very early one?

Definitely if you find one.. Get it! Swap in your favourite speaker (or don't) and Rock on!

guitarplayer

Reaction score
I have this same amp, 5210, since new from the early 80’s. And yes, I agree it’s got a great sound for a SS amp. Mines all original and still kicks arse. I also still have the original FS too.
Enjoy your 5210 !! And never let it go!!