NAD - rocker 15

• Thread starter thesunship
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thesunship

Reaction score
Cool little 30lb amp, bought it mainly because my band wants a quieter stage, so this is our compromise. My Marshall 2266 will stay home.

Tube buffered efx loop, and built in attenuator for bedroom practice. 7 Watts mode is nice with the master on 7-8. No reverb which is fine by me and dead simple controls. Took me about 30 seconds to get a good basic rock tone. I love simple amps!

The clean channel has no eq, but I have eq and reverb in the loop. I like the less is more approach here as shared EQ's between clean and dirty channels is a pain in the ass.

Great crunch sounds, nice and thick. I'll use it for this basic tone and then use the guitar volume to clean it up and pedals for leads etc.

Very different voicing from my Marshall vintage modern but cleans up well like a VM.

Anyway it's a nice little amp. I like it much better than my dsl40cr which I've sold.

😃

Attachments

• image000000 (2).jpg
    image000000 (2).jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 5

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoy! I really like the Rocker series. Does this one have a 10” speaker? Those can be cool for a different flavor of mid frequencies.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, and of course I'm already looking into other speakers to try with it :)
Of course! I’m just now delving into the world of 10” speakers. Right now I’m using a Jensen P10R reissue. It’s nice sounding in the room, but when I put an SM57 on it, the tone is a bit boomy. My wife is already mad at me about the number of 12” speakers I have laying around.

Latest posts