NAD (Saturday) 1984 Mesa Boogie SOB

• Thread starter jcm800gridlock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
I’ve owned quite a few Boogies over the years, mostly Mark Series Combos, this amp may be my favorite Mesa yet.

Supposedly, this was Mesa’s first attempt at a Mark 1 Reissue. One of the easiest Mesa’s that I’ve owned to quickly dial in.

It’s 60 watts, 6L6 powered, and has a JBL E120 speaker inside (I’ve read that the speaker weighs 22 lbs) and I’m guessing the little 1x12 combo weighs 70+ lbs.

Easy to get Santana tones.

IMG_1511.jpeg
IMG_1476.jpegIMG_1478.jpegIMG_1475.jpeg

Last edited:

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
I’ve owned quite a few Boogies over the years, mostly Mark Series Combos, this amp may be my favorite Mesa yet.

Supposedly, this was Mesa’s first attempt at a Mark 1 Reissue. One of the easiest Mesa’s that I’ve owned to quickly dial in.

It’s 60 watts, 6L6 powered, and has a JBL E120 speaker inside (I’ve read that the speaker weighs 22 lbs) and I’m guessing the little 1x12 combo weighs 70+ lbs.

Easy to get Santana tones.

I just bought my first old Mesa on Friday, not quite as storied as yours but it's blonde and sounds beautiful. Congrats on the new amp

80sTone

Reaction score
An oldie but a boogie! They re-tissue boogies? Thats snot a bad score......OK done with the puns - but the config looks great - enjoy making some magic with that set-up